1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Bush seems like someone who would have watched The Client a bunch of times.

And he probably would have eaten some Ritz crackers while he was watching. The crackers might have seemed a little dry, so he would have gotten something to spread on them, and that would have been ...

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  2. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Can they be anonymous?

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

“Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily ..."

That's not cheerleading, that's outright promising the quid pro quo you keep asking about ("by our press" notwithstanding).

Colluding with a foreign government in an effort to undermine and influence the outcome of an American Presidential election. So, uh, treason. Adhering to his enemies and giving them aid and comfort ("you will be rewarded mightily").

Seriously, if you found out that Hillary Clinton was communicating with Putin and Assange to coordinate the release of damaging information against the President, and then using proxy websites and hackers to disseminate exaggerated tales of what that information contains, while promising great rewards to said hostile foreign power IN FRONT OF THE CAMERAS AND MICROPHONES, you'd be (rightfully) screaming from every mountaintop that not only should she be impeached, she should be imprisoned at Leavenworth. Hell, you'd probably advocate for a CIA blacksite, but I digress.

Now, we don't yet have that evidence - at least as far as the public is aware - but if and when it comes, I would expect a fully-functioning, rational adult to support the impeachment of someone who committed such treasonous acts. In other words, I expect you to blame Hillary.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Who knows? I don't watch that one much anymore. I've seen all sorts of speculation about it being Bannon and then right on down the list. Mostly it is simply not as funny as it used to be. There is still a lot of interesting content coming from the various rogue/alt sites. The problem is that it is difficult to measure the trustworthiness of the various twitter streams.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I absolutely believe that account it WH misinformation.

7. Neutral Corner

8. Neutral Corner

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I gotta say, guys. Like choosy moms, I choose Jif.

TowelWaver likes this.
  10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

That's 100 percent correct. With one omission:

98 percent of this board would be saying "No big deal." Instead of the 2 percent saying it now.

That's where we are as a nation.

QYFW likes this.
  11. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

If this thread represents the nation, then we're screwed.

QYFW likes this.
  12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Was looking for a response, but I guess YF had to run ...

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.