1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The ability of the human mind to rationalize is a wonder.

While deep in their subconscious there may be a feeling that "this just isn't right," it would be rationalized. It ALWAYS is.

"She didn't NEED Russia's help. She would have won ANYWAY. Didn't you SEE the polls? Nothingburger. She was FLOTUS for eight years, a New York Senator for eight years and Sec. of State for four years. OF COURSE she had contacts and ties with Russia. It's part of the job!"

That would be the line of thinking, repeated again and again and eventually becoming the accepted truth.

Much like "Hillary didn't lose; Russia/Trump stole it from her" is a key line of thought today.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I saw that cartoon this morning, and I was wondering how many people would know Boris and Natasha today.

5. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Mr. Peabody had to explain it to me.

6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Um, it's an ongoing investigation. Unless you're the NY Times or someone who is going to get leaks from the investigators, ain't a nobody can tell you, chief.

7. BTExpress

How many people know that "Boris Badenov" is actually a play on "Boris Godunov", tsar of Russia from 1598-1605?

I suspect most just read "Boris bad enough" and chuckle at that.

TowelWaver likes this.
  8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Rocky & Bullwinkle was one of the first "outsourced" American products. The animation was done in Mexico for pennies a day.

9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Also the most famous Russian opera which back in the Bullwinkle era more people would have been aware of.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Excrement. Fiction, driven by your need to defend Russia at all times. It is an easy fiction because we'll never see the reality and you use that to somehow justify it in your brain, but it is pure fiction nonetheless.

You aren't a psychologist and America isn't on your couch, so please stop acting as if either of those things is the case. Thank you.

11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

It's comments like this that make me realize I'll never be able to keep up with the politics thread -- nor would I want to. This thread, of all the others, gives back the least and takes the most damn energy. Unlike many other threads, where people will put me onto cool, interesting topics or make me knowledgeable about certain blind spots, this thread is just partisan rancor dressed up with links to this, tweets of that, all girded up by predetermined positions. Nobody's minds are getting changed a bit; nobody is scoring points except with posters from the same side of the aisle.

This thread should be impaled on the face of North Korea's next text missile.

12. BTExpress

Absolutely NOTHING in my post "defended" Russia in any way.

It was simply a look at how the other side would rationalize the shit happening under Trump if it was happening to Hillary.

You don't need to be a psychologist to state the obvious. Rachel Maddow rationalizes everything her side does. Sean Hannity rationalizes everything his side does. Over and over. Every day.

Mitch McConnell obstructs the confirmation of Garland. Mitch McConnell rails at any obstruction of Gorsuch. This is our country. On both sides.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.