1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

If you took the pussy-grabber-Moscow-hookers-in-chief and combined him with the 1952-John-Boy-Walton-thump-my-bible-number-2, we might somehow have one well-adjusted man in the executive branch.

Pence won't have a meal with a woman other than his wife, but he is OK with riding shotgun for the orange douchebag in the oval office? The crazy thing is that I am certain he would come up with some rationalization to try to square it, if you challenged him.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

He's a dickless coward who stands for nothing. Just like the rest of them.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The problem with Pence's statement is simpler than that. It is entirely possible for a man to be in the company of a woman, alone, without any sexual intent or action. This is, in fact, quite a normal sort of behavior. I find it insulting to imply that a man can't be trusted not to try to jump any woman he is alone with if he is not married, and several times more so if he is.

I am, in fact, alone with a woman not my wife right damn now. There are all sorts of available surfaces to go all Pitino on, and I'm not going to lay a finger on her. Such bullshit.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It's not the actual chance of improper behavior, it's the elimination of a chance for even a rumor of it.

Admittedly, it's very 1950s dorm "leave the door open and at least one foot must be on the floor at all times" in the outlook. I think it's a bit extreme, but only a bit.

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

You guys must have thought Billy Graham was full of shit, too.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Indeed I did. Also, someone should start a Gofundme to find a middle-aged gay guy willing to wangle a private meeting with Pence and then come on to him.

7. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Pence is a bottom

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Of course you did.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  11. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

@Inky_Wretch made the right pull on this -- Pence is invoking what is known in the evangelical subculture as the "Billy Graham rule." Graham would not travel, dine or have a closed-door meeting with a woman who was not his wife without his wife present. This is Billy Graham we're talking about so this is probably much more about external perception than internal "temptation." For Pence, I guess he can do this and claim the remaining shreds of piety in this administration, whatever that's worth. Ironically, Graham's own grandson left/got tossed from the pulpit after admitting an "inappropriate" external relationship but this is neither here nor there.

Of course it's sexist and ridiculous, but this is also Mike Pence we're talking about, so big surprise there. At this rate, if I were Pence, I wouldn't travel, dine or have a closed-door meeting with anyone. Makes him harder to indict.

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I bet you're fun at parties.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.