1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Can't it be both?

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Funny advice given what you pull around here. My apologies to Riptide. I was being too lazy to look up who said it first, but the term fits you quite well.

Claiming I'm trying to make friends that way just makes you look stupid. Give it up.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This is the most important question out there.
    Why, I wonder, would Mr. Perfect need any protection?

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Because even if he can throw a touchdown pass to himself, he still needs an offensive line to protect him.

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

YankeeFan likes this.
  7. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I bet Mike Pence is fun at parties.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Interesting article, if lengthy. The URL just brings up a picture. Google "Trump Russia dossier key claim verified". It's a BBC article via BBC Canada. No idea why I can't cut and paste the addy, sorry.

""This is a three-headed operation," said one former official, setting out the case, based on the intelligence: Firstly, hackers steal damaging emails from senior Democrats. Secondly, the stories based on this hacked information appear on Twitter and Facebook, posted by thousands of automated "bots", then on Russia's English-language outlets, RT and Sputnik, then right-wing US "news" sites such as Infowars and Breitbart, then Fox and the mainstream media. Thirdly, Russia downloads the online voter rolls.

The voter rolls are said to fit into this because of "microtargeting". Using email, Facebook and Twitter, political advertising can be tailored very precisely: individual messaging for individual voters. "You are stealing the stuff and pushing it back into the US body politic," said the former official, "you know where to target that stuff when you're pushing it back." This would take co-operation with the Trump campaign, it is claimed.
    "If you need to ensure that white women in Pennsylvania don't vote or independents get pissed in Michigan so they stay home: that's voter suppression. You can figure what your target demographics and locations are from the voter rolls. Then you can use that to target your bot."

This is the "big picture" some accuse the FBI of failing to see."

9. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

I bet Mike Pence likes Jif.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Matt Damon plays Comey?

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Why do you think the GOP wants to legalize the sale of browsing histories by ISPs?

bigpern23 likes this.
  12. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Still not funny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.