1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Yeah. Like that. Chain yourself to a door.

2. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Shocked that you keep doing something that you know is stupid.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Funny thing. Hillary made countless public statements, went through an FBI investigation and eleven hours of questioning by the House committee without asking for immunity.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
    HanSenSE and Baron Scicluna like this.
  4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You know several people were granted immunity in that investigation, right?

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Sure. There are good reasons to ask for immunity before testifying. Let's just say that I'm skeptical about Flynn's motivation. Neither of the committees have taken him up on his offer. They know what they know. I don't. If they think that it would be useful they'll take him up on it. My bet is that they already have enough on him that they don't want to give it to him.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It was a Republican-led "investigation," against a Democrat, led by Republicans who flat-out stated they thought she was guilty even before the investigation was completed. They needed protection because the Republicans were conducting a witch-hunt.

This also is a Republican-led investigation but it's against another Republican, and they haven't pronounced anyone guilty yet. And yet, he wants immunity. Makes you wonder why, doesn't it?

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

You know what usually happens to the eighth-grade bully: eventually they piss off some high schooler who kicks their fucking ass into the next county, stuffs them ass first into a trash can, then jams their head into a shit-filled toilet.

FileNotFound likes this.
  8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The immunity agreements were granted by the Obama Justice Department, not Republican Congressional committees.

9. jr/shotglass

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Sure. Because they knew she was in a witch-hunt. Republicans admitted it was one.

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

You wish you were as self aware as I am.

12. jr/shotglass

#LOL

QYFW likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.