1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

You think that is going to bother conservative Christians? That's the kind of man they happily made president.

franticscribe and tapintoamerica like this.
  2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I don't think anything bothers conservative Christians about people with (R) next to the name.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

So what? We've been told numerous times by Republicans and the NRA that emotional feelings do not trump others' constitutional rights.

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Are you trying to work oop' s #BoardCentrist corners?

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

So what? That's very empathetic of you.

6. Baron Scicluna

Thank you for admitting that Republicans and the NRA lack empathy.

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The new tags on this thread are hilarious. Buttfuckery pee party?

8. Baron Scicluna

I like "fuckwatery" and "look over there for the love of god."

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I dare you to Google that.

Jssst21 likes this.
  10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Maybe just the first one. Each of the seven subsequent hearings were just in case ...

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I completely disagree. How many high profile or low profile marriages have to blow up before we can respect his decision to prioritize his marriage. Btw, Judaism (orthodox) has similar rules. As much as we can all say we are alone with men/women all the time with no problems, there are in fact problems all the time, and even if the odds were low, (1 in 100? 1 in 1000?) look at it th other way. Sometimes people cheat on their spouse. If those people had these safe guards in place, it would be much more likely to occur. When something is important, we impose safeguards like this. I know people who won't drive after drinking any alcohol, even if they're within the legal limit. I highly respect that. Look at the rules against conflicts that people are rightly outraged about with the trump administration. Most of us can usually do our job fairly even with some connection to a party. When the stakes are high, we do whatever we have to to put ourselves in the position in which we're most likely to succeed and least likely to fail. We demand that our coaches train our players to protect against unlikely scenarios. Here's a guy who is treating his marriage like something worth protecting. Good for him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.