1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Who Mike Pence chose to work for and pay fealty to says more to me about his morality than a lifetime list of his meal companions.

UPChip likes this.
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah. It's almost like they edited the story after it received criticism.

3. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

You said you know that texting while driving is dangerous and yet you do it all the time. It's not just dangerous to you, you know. It's dangerous to everyone who happens to cross your path. We know a family whose six-year-old was killed by a texting driver. It's a tragedy beyond measure. You know full well that you might do that to someone else's family, yet you don't have the self-control to stop sending LOLs while you're driving. What's that say about you?

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

The condescension, it drips. As one of the more self-aware posters on this site would say, get over yourself. As for what it says, it says I'm honest. I do stupid things on occasion. We all do. But some of us are afraid to admit they aren't an idealized version of a human being. Phonies. You're a phony.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  6. typefitter

Insults only work if there is truth in them. Otherwise they're just dumb.

For instance: The pronoun agreement, it's lacking.

See?

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

So there you have it.

Doing the right thing = phony.

Being an assclown but admitting it = self-aware.

typefitter likes this.
  8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Because God knows if Mississippi has a problem, it is too many people seeking college educations.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Is this your April Fools joke?

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

The right thing? He's not a phony because he doesn't text and drive. He's a phony because he's a condescending prick who tries to make himself look good by making others look bad. In Jonesworld, my texting and driving is synonymous with not caring if I kill a child and destroy a family. That's world-class arrogance. And it speaks to an individual who is so wrapped up in his own self-importance that he is blind to how much of an asshole* he reflexively is to ANYONE who doesn't kiss his ass. It's also a sure sign of extreme insecurity.

*Yes. I'm fully aware I am often an asshole. But only to people who take themselves too seriously. Those people, successful or not, deserve to be fucked with. Just providing a public service.

11. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Saw on FB

"The Mike Pence outrage is so stupid I don't even know where to start... So I'll let Ta-Nehisi Coates explain:

'I've been with my spouse for almost 15 years. In those years, I've never been with anyone but the mother of my son. But that's not because I am an especially good and true person. In fact, I am wholly in possession of an unimaginably filthy and mongrel mind. But I am also a dude who believes in guard-rails, as a buddy of mine once put it. I don't believe in getting "in the moment" and then exercising will-power. I believe in avoiding "the moment." I believe in being absolutely clear with myself about why I am having a second drink, and why I am not; why I am going to a party, and why I am not. I believe that the battle is lost at Happy Hour, not at the hotel. I am not a "good man." But I am prepared to be an honorable one.'

Violence and the Social Compact

Iron_chet likes this.
  12. typefitter

It's amazing how often the Party of Personal Responsibility looks a lot like the Party of Those Rules Are For You, Not Me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.