1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2017 MLB regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Apr 1, 2017.

1. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Which started in the third inning ... I guess the Rays 'pen was fine too.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

3. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

This guy will probably get a shot somewhere. I hope it's in the American League so I can boo him whenever he comes to town.

4. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

You want to boo him because he is pissed off about being sent down by a pretty shitty organization? He probably should've not talked until he cooled down, but how much better could he have pitched to make the team?

5. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

He was alluding to the shitty pay/general situation in the minor leagues with the treated like a human comment, right?

6. cjericho

Would think so. He was pissed off and disappointed. Doubt he'd rather work some 9 to 5 than get paid to pitch in Triple A. Could see why he'd be upset. If it was a team with a lot of good pitchers or veterans with big contracts maybe he'd have to be sent down. But with the way he pitched at the end of last season and in spring (not a big sample size) it should have been enough to not get sent down.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Understand why they did it, but it has to be extra salt in the wound that they left a roster spot vacant rather than put him on the team.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Braves-Mets is on Fox Sports Southeast locally, yet is not blacked out on ESPN. New policy or did they just forget?

9. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Remember when everyone went to the 24 man roster? Hard to believe that happened.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

It was one of the reasons for the 1990 spring training lockout, I believe.

11. cjericho

Is it still on? Here was on in the 1st inning now blacked out.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted