1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2017 MLB regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Who should tell him, Sear?

Riptide likes this.
  2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Still on. FSN locked onto pitcher vs batter, ESPN keeps cutting away to Ron Washington.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

bull-durham.jpg

Deskgrunt50, Huggy and Baron Scicluna like this.
  4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Cravy's comments bring to mind a thought that strikes me from time to time: We idealize a professional athlete's life as The Dream, but in a lot of cases it's anything but. A lot of those guys aren't very happy. Cravy signed for $75,000 eight years ago and has been making indentured servant wages for most of the time since then, with notable exceptions for major league stints in 2015 and 2016. Even with those, his total haul in the last eight years can't be more than $500,000. As for the psychological side, yeah, we can say "hey man I have to work too" ... but most of us can put it on cruise control for a day or a week and not have our jobs be at risk.

Bullpen guys seem to get the worst of the back-and-forth shuttling and the roster maneuvering. I'm sure he isn't truly considering quitting, mostly because he doesn't have much education and hence a huge amount of other opportunity, but I have a lot of sympathy for a guy like that.

Donny in his element likes this.
  5. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Gary Cohen said, a non-football school won last year, would be nice to see another win this year (Gonzaga). Wonder if Howie Long and Brian Westbrook knew they played at a non-football school. I know what he meant in not big-time football, but Nova has football, Gonzaga doesn't.

6. dixiehack

Hey, Villanova football is undefeated vs Bama!

7. dixiehack

First batter of the year and the Reds give up a homer in a half-full GAPB. Oof gah.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Villanova also has more football national championships this century than noted football factories Michigan and Georgia. Combined.

cjericho likes this.
  9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

10. dixiehack

Now I wish I'd been listening to Marty instead of streaming it. I'll bet he pitched a bitch.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I wonder if they'll go back and re-post his WAR in 2019 when they change the 2017 formula.

12. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

RAW+ is a longer-lasting method in many ways.

Draft saved Draft deleted