1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

You're hurtling toward Starman territory. Just need to sprinkle in some swear words and creepy catch phrases.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Suspicious gas released on population and area man blames guy who just left the room.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Treason is a capital crime, sonny boy.

And I thought we were supposed to be doing away with "political correctness."

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

It is fucking laughable that liberals' new talking point is "You can't blame the previous guy!" when EVERY SINGLE DAY for years, they blamed Bush for every perceived problem that ever existed in the world. Just fucking laughable. Plenty of things to ding Trump on, but for liberals to complain about this particular thing is the height of disingenuousness.

SpeedTchr and YankeeFan like this.
  5. Spartan Squad

When people blamed Obama for a bad economy and didn't take into account the fact that the economy was circling the drain when he got into office, yeah, you have to take that into account.

Blaming Obama because of something that happened when he isn't in office? That's a little weak. Did Obama screw up with that Red Line thing? Yeah, a bit. He also had a Republican led Congress that balked just as hard. But c'mon man, your first reaction to Assad gassing his people is not to condemn the action but to criticize Obama? That's a bad look. Blame Obama later for setting this up but Jesus, can Trump remember for one day he's not a reality TV star on the sidelines and that he's actually the president of the fucking United States?

HanSenSE, Inky_Wretch and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  6. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Disingenuous is just another word for normal politics. Time to get past being angry when one side calls out the other for it, despite their own hypocrisy. Most of us have bigger things to worry about.

7. Starman

The economy wasn't "circling the drain," it was full-tilt plunging into the deepest abyss in 80 years.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What's the evidence for treason?

The only crime I'm aware of so far is the leak to Ignatius. I hope that gets prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

And, hey, if there's one thing the previous administration was good at, it was prosecuting leakers.

9. Spartan Squad

True. But whichever discriptor you want to use for how bad 2008/2009 was in the economy, the point was it was that bad before Obama took the oath.

10. Starman

Well yeah, but "circling the drain" is kind of a benign description and drastically underplays the situation.

We've had dud economies before, ever since I was a little kid and long before; we had dud economies in 1973-75, in 1979-81, in 1988-89, in 1992-94, etc etc.

The 2008-09 implosion made all of them look like romper room.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I hope @outofplace will forgive the "distraction", but this looks like pretty big news:

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I missed the part where Trump threw Putin under the bus. Maybe it's on the next tweet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.