1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I agree with Gee. Second sentence anyway. Bad start to the day.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Case in point, thanks for your help. And yes, majority. That's why I'm always reluctant to take a "break" with this because most people aren't assholes

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Perhaps improving relations with Russia might open up some other options.

BTExpress likes this.
  4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

There are rarely conversations on this thread anymore. Just dueling links and insults. Even so, it's by far the most interesting thread on the board. Give the assholes what they want!

5. Moderator1

The election pretty much gave the assholes what they wanted - I now have to give them more!?!?

(and for those of you who are dense or looking for reasons to attack, that's a weak-ass attempt at humor on my part)

TowelWaver and QYFW like this.
  6. Moderator1

Look, I get it. But let's just try to dial it back a tad pretty please??

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I was just being snarky. I've met plenty of copy editors with a sense of humor.

Well, maybe two.

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

In my unfortunately significant experience, copy editors are either humorless or hilarious. Not a lot of in-between.

Ace likes this.
  9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Preppy is a great look for Iraq (or anywhere, really) -- Ray Bans with a button-down shirt and blue blazer. 06-kush-02.nocrop.w710.h2147483647.jpg

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That's far worse than GWB in a flight suit.

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

We are not engaged enough to make a serious effort at fixing Syria, not after Afghanistan and Iraq. Trump just hosted the King of Jordan, which took in a million Syrian refugees. Obama agreed to take in what, 20k, Syrian refugees which was cut to maybe 10k, and you'd have thought that a boatload of ISIS regulars were storming the beaches here. (Spitballing the numbers, but close enough for discussion.)

We like to tut-tut about places that are going to hell and their miserable inhabitants, but truly fixing them is very expensive in blood and treasure, and we have well earned mission fatigue where we are now and no real appetite to take on another intractable nation building mission with no easy fix in sight.

12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Really? By politician standards? I'm surprised you think so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.