1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Some guy being interviewed on MSNBC just said that what the CIA have in satellite imagery is "25 times what Google Earth has."

Considering it's public knowledge that top GE resolution is currently 15 cm, you can do the math.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

If by "doing something" we mean temporarily taking out of commission one air base, mission accomplished.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

6. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure this isn't a one-shot deal.

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Sounds like every third post on this thread.

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I'm sure cran just wanted Trump to solve the crisis tonight. He doesn't understand all the half-measures.

9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

10. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Dirty little secret -- I always have a BBQ chicken pizza at this sandwich place. No japalenos.

11. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

THIS is what you got out of these events, Trump's response to them, and the coverage of it all?

Geez.

I don't love Trump, and so far, I have mostly wished, dearly, that he would just please stop tweeting and stop worrying about the media and just start focusing on and doing his job. He did that here, and the result was right, and good to see. I don't think that can be disputed, and can't believe what you've apparently come away with from this.

What I saw of Trump today was somebody trying hard to restrain his anger -- some genuine, heartfelt anger, and not just stupid-sounding, grand-standing name-calling -- and seeming to show some genuine, appropriately strong and hearteningly real emotion in the face of a horrible situation. I think that, perhaps, these events could mature him as a president. I hope so, and it seemed so today.

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.