1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Demand a response. Complain about response. Repeat endlessly. The whole playbook.

YankeeFan likes this.
  2. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Just catching up on this here after work, and I get the sense this could become the likes of the retaliation battles that have been so much a part of Middle East politics in the post-WWII era. But for some Trump followers, this may not be enough. And as much as I ding Trump for his naivetee (sp?), I hope he's not naive enough to handle this like Clinton did when the feds attacked the Branch Davidians.

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Many Trump supporters are not happy about this. They want nothing to do with any involvement anywhere, but especially the Middle East. Yours is a knee-jerk response based on faulty assumptions.

YankeeFan likes this.
  5. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I agree there was definitely a substantial isolationist contingent among Trump supporters, but there was also a substantial swinging-dick contingent that wanted to show military might again.

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Fucko doesn't give a shit about dead children in Syria or anywhere else. What he cares about is having an excuse to fire some rockets off and make things go boom boom. It makes his micropenis pop up.

And the TrumpFucks will yell, "Amurrica, Fuk Yeh" and they'll forget about his shitshow administration for a few hours.

7. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

You two have something in common.

8. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

NC doesn't get past posting headlines. Don't make him think.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Vlad may not be happy. Tighten your batting helmet.

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

11. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

The George McFly leadership of the previous administration made nearly everyone feel safe.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Huh? It makes sense because of what I said. ... the rest of the post. The Republicans weren't going to confirm his choice. That is reality. They were going to wait to see what happened in the election. The thing that characterizes a lame duck presidency is that you are ineffectual -- you have lost your influence. When it came to getting a supreme court justice through in his last year, he had zero influence anymore.

After my post, others were so eager to argue what technically characterizes a lame duck presidency. They are missing the point. Call him a Healthy Moose, if it makes you feel good. He still had zero influence anymore when it came to getting a Supreme Court justice through at that point in his presidency. That has nothing to do with our country's attitudes toward the Supreme Court. It was just the reality of him being a lame duck for all intents and purposes -- whatever you call it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.