1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Oh, fuck you. Diplomacy is probably most important when dealing with powerful rivals and enemies. The Russians have military units in Syria, and their "cooperation" has been dubious at best, and at times they've been bombing militias that the U.S. supports, knowingly. If one of their warplanes drops a bomb in the wrong place and kills a number of our soldiers, our hawks would be outraged and putting pressure on to "do something about it". Why would theirs be any different?

2. Neutral Corner

Back to ignore with you. You add nothing, not even amusing snark.

3. Neutral Corner

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

To recap: 1. The US had already run thousands of bombing missions in Syria. 2. This attack, due to the necessary prior notification of Russia, caused little if any human loss. Good. 3. The Pentagon and Rep. Schiff, who somebody in the Trump administration has seen has more credibility than the boss, have said the attack was a one-off. Also good. 4. Situation on the ground in Syria unchanged except for one little thing, which is 5. Russia has closed the deconflict channel, the communications between US and Russian forces operating in and over Syria that keep them from attacking or even running into each other. That's bad. Very bad. It's possible this will change after a few days of perfunctory protest. As I said, there's some kabuki at work here.

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Puppet?

6. Neutral Corner

From a recent Yahoo interview with Arnold:

You also mentioned Twins, and for years, there have been rumors about a sequel [Triplets];that would pair you and Danny DeVito with Eddie Murphy. Any chance that might happen?

The ones that talked about it were Danny DeVito and me. But the funny thing is that no one believed in it. The studio didn’t believe in it, [director] Ivan [Reitman] didn’t believe in it, no one believed in it. Then all of a sudden, two years ago, there was a changeover in leadership at Universal, and they started believing in it. Then Ivan looked at it again and he started believing in it.

Triplets, and that Eddie Murphy should be the triplet, because he is so different than we are as much as Danny was different from me. When you saw Danny and I together, and you said that only the mother could tell us apart, people laughed. You didn’t really have to say much else. The same is also true with the idea of having Eddie Murphy be a part of the new picture. It’s called Triplets, and people go, wait a minute, how did this black guy get into the picture here? The way it’s explained in the movie is really funny - what happened with that experiment, and how many people’s sperm were used, and the things we didn’t know and only find out about when our mother passes away." Danny and I always ran around with the idea of Triplets, and that Eddie Murphy should be the triplet, because he is so different than we are — as much as Danny was different from me. When you saw Danny and I together, and you said that only the mother could tell us apart, people laughed. You didn’t really have to say much else. The same is also true with the idea of having Eddie Murphy be a part of the new picture. It’s called Triplets, and people go, wait a minute, how did this black guy get into the picture here? The way it’s explained in the movie is really funny — what happened with that experiment, and how many people’s sperm were used, and the things we didn’t know and only find out about when our mother passes away.

So Danny and Eddie Murphy and I — we believed in it 100%. And then Ivan believed in it 100%. So they’re writing it, and now everyone is enthusiastic about it. It will probably be done in the next month or two, and then hopefully we shoot it by this fall. It’s really exciting.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

He won't lose their support - he's one of them.

Their bullshit will find its way into his foreign policy within a month.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

True. But Trump became President by running against mainstream GOP and hawkish Dems. It wasn't the fringe that elected him. His voters responded to an alleged non-interventionist policy, to the extent foreign policy mattered, which as usual wasn't much.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Since Trump called those Syrians "children of God" does that mean we can take some in as refugees now?

HanSenSE and SnarkShark like this.
  12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.