1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Yes.

That was easy.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

It's almost as if being calm and measured earns more benefit of the doubt than being a 3-year-old blowhard with little-dick syndrome.

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

What?

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Jesus Fucking Christ.

The Times, desperate to find someone to criticize Trump, reaches out to Spencer for comment.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Not in Real Murica it doesn't! But rest assured if this becomes a full scale ground war down the line, it will be the sons and daughters of Real Murica dying for the cause in disproportionate numbers.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  6. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

He spent too much time offering compromise, hoping and waiting for the sensible Republicans to surface.

I mean, who knew? Apparently he shouldn't have even gone to Congress for approval to intervene in Syria. As it turns out, all you ever wanted was for him to act decisively.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Any dumbshit Dems falling in line behind Fucko need to slap themselves in the fucking face, hard.

You do not support this fucking fascist pervert on anything. Period, full stop.

Anything he does "right" is by sheer accident.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I seriously doubt this attack was as popular in Real Murica as it is with the Beltway elite. Said elite loves war. It makes them feel they're at the center of world power in Washington and thus pretty hot shit. No war, they are part of a dysfunctional capital of a country unable to address many of its problems at home and dealing with a populace that regards them with suspicion at best -- for good reasons I should add.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

And when we don't see it, can we assume it's as real as the Michelle Obama "whitey" tape?

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I will never stop hoping it's real.

LongTimeListener likes this.
  11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Well, according to my Vol message board and its basket of deplorables, you seem to be right. Feelings are pretty mixed. Not too much dick waving. Although there are are a couple of pockets cheering the action. The post that sums their feelings follows:

"Whether you agree with the strike or not you have to admire the efficiency of it. Trump didn't just kill two birds with one stone, he killed a whole flock.

1: The Syrians will be less likely to use chemical weapons.
    2: The Russians know Trump means business and are less likely to be venturesome in expanding their borders. And we didn't have to send troops to the Ukraine to do it.
    3: The Chinese prime minister was here when the strike occurred and the message will not be lost on him. The rhetoric Trump has used against Syria has been much less robust than that he has used against the Norks so they will wonder how much further Trump is willing to go there.
    4: The Norks will see what happens when you seek to use or develop WMD's. I don't think they will moderate their behavior, but most of what they do is predicated on extracting concessions while they develop their weapons. Now they won't be able to rely upon that tactic.
    5: Domestically the Dims will just look damned foolish trying to maintain that Trump is a Russian puppet. That was never a serious charge and it will be a dead issue now. Even the extraordinarily uninformed and stupid people who make of the base of the party, who do and say whatever they are told to do and say, will have trouble squaring Russian puppet with bombing Russians.
    6: The strike overshadows the Gorsuch nomination and the nuclear option so the left (by which I mean the press) will not know whether to shit or go blind.

The timing was nothing less than exquisite."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.