1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

#PoorBarry

2. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

When PRESIDENT TRUMP promised things like this, he was criticized for not understanding he can't act unilaterally.

Just sayin'. Carry on with your defense.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Maybe, maybe not. But it's not the huge question I think you think. We have always had partisanship in the U.S. The thing that keeps the cylinders firing through it all is that those senators have to go back home and get themselves reelected. They could stuff a nomination by a president that was leaving office in less than a year. It was even sort of expected. They could not have simply stuffed nominations from a President Hilary Clinton for years without facing blowback from their constituents.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I admire your faith in the voters of shitkicker states such as my own, where Adolf Hitler reincarnated could be voted into Congress so long as he had the letter R next to his name.

5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

not a chance. that's why I'm glad the Dems made GOP go nuclear, to at least have that on their hands. of course some of the Dems were chickenshit and still voted for Gorsuch

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I wish Obama had tweeted more.

YankeeFan likes this.
  7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

YF does have a point here. Especially when there are plenty of other reasons to think he's a dunce.

EDIT: Inky beat me to it, without blue font.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Playing with missiles is slightly different than playing with big trucks.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Can't see central Pennsyltucky residents demanding that fathead wastes like Pat Toomey stop dragging their feet on President Hillary's nominees.

10. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Gorsuch is extremely well-qualified. A vote against is purely partisan anger over the Garland nomination. Politicizing the court in this way - purely on party -line votes - has had and is having an incredibly detrimental effect on the court's legitimacy and ability to function.

11. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Just when I thought my day couldn't get any worse...

12. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

ya mean like leaving the court at 4-4 for a year while the GOP babies refused to take a vote on Merrick Garland, an equally qualified candidate?

Smallpotatoes likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.