1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

A reminder, once again, that this was the president that was going to be working too hard to play golf. Yet he plays golf every f'ing weekend.

We'll also remind you he's associated (we'll leave it at that) with the party that ripped Obama for being on a trade mission in Cuba during a bombing in Europe, yet didn't have a problem with Trump viewing the progress of the attack from his home.

So, if supplies of fresh gander sauce run out, there's some ready-made at the end of the aisle, next to the tortilla chips, which go great with our taco bowls.

Inky_Wretch and BadgerBeer like this.
  2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

At the same time he was having the Chinese president on the grounds of Bushwood for a sleepover.

3. ClayOrt

ClayOrt New Member

I'm new to the site, but not the industry, and might as well make this my first post.

But this thread really has 2,192 pages??? And no, I didn't read any of them. I can't wait to follow it.

Vombatus likes this.
  4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

There was a report? Where?

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You don't think there was one? Then what were you bitching about? You whined about an irresponsible report, but now you want to claim it doesn't exist now that it has been proven correct? You aren't even trying to offer up the illusion of intellectual honesty any more, are you?

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

There was a different one that covered the run-up to the election that ran to, what, 4,000 pages or so? This one started just after the election.

There's a whole different treasure trove in there after you plow through this. You'll get to know some of the personalities pretty fast in this thread, although I would caution that there are a number of people whose behavior is different here than on the rest of the board.

Welcome aboard. Now go fetch me a beer, a brown ale would be good.

Vombatus, Inky_Wretch and ClayOrt like this.
  7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Here is a post with YF himself calling it a report. If he has even the tiniest shred of integrity left, his next response will be to admit that he was wrong to claim there was no report and that the report turned out to be correct.

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Probably a question for an expert in libel law, but if I'm a newspaper and a person comes to me and says someone sexually abused him/her, I'd want to know why they hadn't sued yet.
    Statutes of limitations may be at play, of course.
    I'm sure there are several examples of media reporting sexual assault allegations (made by victims) absent litigation. Can't remember that specifically. Anybody have examples?

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

They didn't play golf? This means war ...

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Xi can't play golf. I mean, I don't know if he knows how to play or not, but it would be politically perilous for him, since cracking down on the sport in China is one of the big parts of his anti-corruption drive. It's portrayed as a symbol of decadent Western values. That's true, BTW, it's why I love the game.

YankeeFan and HanSenSE like this.
  11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Xi himself has characterized golf as a game for decadent rich westerners. If he were to be photographed on a golf course it would be a huge blow to his image. Xi's not going to do that, unlike Trump, whose inner three year old leads him to do all sorts of things heedlessly on impulse.

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board! As far as this thread goes, though...
    [​IMG]

SpeedTchr and ClayOrt like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.