1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Didn't know you could change somebody else's quote. That's a powerful ability. Also irresponsible.

3. Blame Me

Blame Me New Member

This guy is nails.
    I am the first and only president ever to fail in the middle east. It had never happened before and never will again.
    Blame me.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Cute schtick.

5. Blame Me

Blame Me New Member

Here's the weird thing. The title of this thread is Trump, but this one guy is wearing me the fuck out!

6. YankeeFan

Even the Times White House correspondent can't help bot notice the difference between Trump and Oabama:

The contrast between Mr. Trump and his predecessor could not be starker. In the early days of his presidency, Mr. Obama made the case for America’s moral responsibility to intervene militarily on humanitarian grounds. “Inaction tears at our conscience and can lead to more costly intervention later,” he said in accepting the Nobel Peace Prize in 2009.

Yet when Syria slipped into a deadly civil war, Mr. Obama focused more on the costs of intervention than the risks of inaction. Even after Mr. Assad’s forces killed hundreds in a poison gas attack in August 2013, Mr. Obama did not carry out a threatened missile strike because, he said, he had not gotten Congress to sign off on it.

Mr. Trump’s action, only 77 days into his term, hardly settles the question of when he might intervene in future crises. He has not articulated criteria for humanitarian interventions and, even if he did, it is not clear that he would stick to his standards any more than Mr. Obama did.

Mark Landler

Mark Landler is a White House correspondent at The New York Times. In 24 years at The Times, he has been diplomatic correspondent, bureau chief in Hong Kong and Frankfurt, European economic correspondent, and a business reporter in New York. He is the author of “Alter Egos: Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama and the Twilight Struggle over American Power” (Random House).

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

LOL, mostly because he cannot articulate anything.

Gibberish Is the White House’s New Normal: What Trump's Nonsensical Speech Patterns Tell Us About His Presidency

Here are some examples from TIME’s transcript of their cover story made out of their phone interview with the president of the United States. I have italicized the non sequiturs, incomplete propositions, indefinite pronouns and other obscurities that amount to verbal mud.

Scherer: So you don’t feel like Comey’s testimony in any way takes away from the credibility of the tweets you put out, even with the quotes?

Trump: No, I have, look. I have articles saying it happened. But you have to take a look at what they, they just went out at a news conference.

Scherer: Mitch McConnell has said he’d rather you stop tweeting, that he sees it as a distraction.

Trump: Mitch will speak for himself. Mitch is a wonderful man. Mitch should speak for himself.

Trump: Now the problem, the thing is, I’m not sure they are watching anything other than that, let’s see members of Donald Trump transition team, possibly, oh this just came out.

Trump: I took a lot of heat when I said Brexit was going to pass. Don’t forget, Obama said that UK will go to the back of the line, and I talked about Sweden, and may have been somewhat different, but the following day, two days later, they had a massive riot in Sweden, exactly what I was talking about, I was right about that.

Trump: And then TIME magazine, which treats me horribly, but obviously I sell, I assume this is going to be a cover too, have I set the record? I guess, right? Covers, nobody’s had more covers.

Trump: But the real story here is, who released Gen. Flynn’s name? Who released, who released my conversations with Australia, and who released my conversation with Mexico? To me, Michael, that’s the story, these leakers, they are disgusting. These are horrible people.

Scherer: And apparently there is an investigation into that as well.

Trump: Well should be, because that’s where the whole, who would think that you are speaking to the head of Mexico, the head of Australia, or Gen. Flynn, who was, they are not supposed to release that. That is the most confidential stuff. Classified. That’s classified. You go to prison when you release stuff like that. And who would release that? The real story is, they have to work, intelligence has to work on finding out who are the leakers. Because you know what? When things get involved with North Korea and all the problems we have there, in the Middle East, I mean, that information cannot be leaked out, and it will be by this, this same, and these people were here in the Obama years, because he had plenty of leakers also.

Trump: I inherited a mess in the Middle East, and a mess with North Korea, I inherited a mess with jobs, despite the statistics, you know, my statistics are even better, but they are not the real statistics because you have millions of people that can’t get a job, OK. And I inherited a mess on trade. I mean we have many, you can go up and down the ladder. But that’s the story. Hey look, in the meantime, I guess, I can’t be doing so badly, because I’m president, and you’re not. You know. Say hello to everybody, OK?

8. YankeeFan

A. It's, "The NEW one and only politics thread."

2. We're fewer than 100 days into the new administration. The problems Trump is dealing with all festered during the previous administration.

C. It's funny how you didn't create this handle 8 years ago. You would have only needed to update the avatar when Trump took office.

D. Instead of hiding behind a sock puppet handle, and employing schtick, why not let us know who you are, and actually engage on the subject?

9. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

I'm sure Reuters would be cool with it.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I always thought Magellan (who seems to have been a reckless idiot) got himself and a lot of other people killed when he decided he could conquer and convert a Philipino tribe to Christianity.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

12. YankeeFan

That's part of it.

Two rival kings/chieftains. One converts to Christianity. One resists.

The one who converted, seeking additional power convinces Magellan to attack his rival.

And, yeah, Magellan does appear to have been a bit reckless. Thankfully we don't have leaders like that nowadays. LOL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.