1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You guys are funny. While I see now that I replied to the wrong post, it's clear that you and @three_bags_full would rather lob criticism than keep up with the thread, so here it is again:

So, a couple of things:

A. I think it's funny that if you criticize Obama, you must also lay out a complete plan to solve the Syrian crisis. This same demand is not made of those who criticize Trump.

2. I think I've been pretty clear, that unless and until a coalition of Muslim nations commits to putting troops on the ground to liberate and hold Syria -- in which case we could assist with air power, intelligence, training, weaponry, etc. -- there's not much more that we can do but to try and limit civilian deaths, and allow the stalemate between Assad and opposing forces (ISIS) to continue.

Again, if Muslim nations will take the lead, we could possibly set up "safe zones" in the country.

Assad is a brutal dictator, who has no problem murdering innocent civilians in order to remain in power in parts of Syria.

The time to deal with him was when he first took office, and when the Civil War first broke out. Instead, we had John Kerry, Nancy Pelosi, and Hillary Clinton kissing his ass, and referring to him as a reformer.

The Syrian Civil Was started in 2011. There was a non-Islamist opposition at the time. There no longer is.

Toppling Assad now will lead to ISIS taking over. It will be a failed state like Iraq and Libya are now, and Alawites and Christians will be slaughtered.

Let's keep one other thing in mind when discussing Syria: President Obama took no action against Assad because he didn't want to upset the Mullahs in Iran, who he was trying to do a deal with. He was unwilling to do anything that would jeopardize his deal with Iran. The Iranian and Cuban deals wold be his foreign policy legacies.

Instead, the slaughter, and refugee crisis, in Syria is his true legacy.

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

2. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Has anybody posted the Bill Maher clip? I hear it's pretty funny.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Donald Trump’s Worst Deal

The President helped build a hotel in Azerbaijan that appears to be a corrupt operation engineered by oligarchs tied to Iran’s Revolutionary Guard.

4. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, I really was just messing with you with my comment. That's why I went with the ;) . Same with the Reuters comment earlier. I promise this isn't sarcasm either, because I feel like this can be read as disingenuous but I'm just trying to bust your chops in jest.

5. YankeeFan

Is Cernovich the first to report this?

Who will repeat it without confirmation? Reuters?

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

just tweet it.jpg

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I thought tbf was the mass ignorer. #stayinformed

8. YankeeFan

The ignorance at Politico is startling. Nice timing too.

9. three_bags_full

More original thoughts from YF. Just tweet it!

10. YankeeFan

Yeah, I don't understand the complaint. I gave my opinion, and the one tweet contained a link to the article.

What's the objection?

11. three_bags_full

Because that's nearly all you do. Post a retweet with a stupid comment, like, "the ignorance is starting over at Politico ...." and then disappear without any critical thought that adds anything of value to the discussion.

12. YankeeFan

Yeah. OK.

I don't think you're paying enough attention.

But, here's more: the article is as anti-Semitic as it is uninformed. It tries to cast a worldwide Jewish movement at the center of a Trump-Putin conspiracy.

For its art, it literally uses an image of shadowy Jews.

If Breitbart or another right wing website had published something so ugly, we'd see an outpouring of outrage, and it would be cited as evidence of the anti-Semitism on the right. But, it wasn't Breitbart who published it. It was Politico, and so the outrage won't reach the critical mass it deserves.

Publishing it just before the Jewish high holy days, when orthodox Jews will be off line is a nice touch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.