1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2017 MLB regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Apr 1, 2017.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Next time they show the video of Gibson's homer, look right underneath the awnings over the bleachers. You'll see a couple of sets of brake lights coming on just after the ball clears the fence. Always wondered what the conversation in that car was like.

UPChip, dixiehack and cjericho like this.
  2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

As if Saturday's 17-3 loss to the Phillies wasn't already ugly enough for the Nationals, it has also cost them Trea Turner for a while. Turner felt tightness in his hamstring after stealing second base in the first inning, but tried to stay in the game. He had to pull up at third on a single. He left the game and sat out Sunday. The initial talk was that it was precautionary, but the Nats put him on the DL today.

3. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I may have told this story here before: I was working as an usher at Dodger Stadium that night and took a late break. As I was returning to my post for the ninth inning, I made a mental note about how many people were leaving.

It was a 1-run World Series game. It was about 8 p.m. on a Saturday night, so time and work were not an issue for most people. They also paid World Series prices, while not like today, were still considerably more expensive than the regular season. I couldn't fathom anyone leaving.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I always wanted to read a story about the people in that car.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I too have always been fascinated by Brakelight Car.

They have been as hard to find as the person with Gibson's HR ball.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
    Songbird likes this.
  6. HanSenSE

One of those you have to see it to believe it plays: Giants score three runs in bottom of the fourth on a 30-foot swinging bunt by Moore. On display at youth baseball parks everywhere nightly.

EDIT for link:

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

8. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Gibson HR at 12:00.

9. HanSenSE

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Cards offense is so slow, it's causing my internet to buffer.

cranberry, Chef2 and steveu like this.
  11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Finnegan drank his Kool-Aid after the first start: 69 PC, 2 INN, 4 HA, 5 BBI, 4 K, ER, 4.500 ERA, 4.500 WHIP

12. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

He scattered those walks and hits. That will help his RAW.

Draft saved Draft deleted