1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Catching up on the thread, but this can't be real. I can't imagine adults doing this to children in this country.

If it is real, fuck everyone involved in making it happen.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I can. Our basket of deplorables quotient is among the highest in the world.

A magnificent Constitution just happens to keep the deplorable element in check most of the time.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Is this a presidential tweet or a Seth Rogen movie pitch?

YankeeFan likes this.
  6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Roger Schuler was indeed reporting this story six or seven months before it broke on Al.com. Donald Watkins, a Birmingham lawyer and activist, former right hand man of long time Birmingham Mayor Richard Arrington, was also reporting it in much detail on his Facebook page as "Facebook Journalism". (Yes, this is the Donald Watkins that tried to get into professional sports as an owner). The story really caught fire with a couple of Watkin's posts, particularly allegations that a phone sex tape existed and that he had heard it. The thing is that they were saying things publicly that the journalists were not able to at that point. They wanted more evidence before they were willing to go to print with the story. Schuler casts this as the MSM trying to quash the story, but I know (because I talked to them) that John Archibald and Kyle Whitmire badly wanted to print the story. Given the allegations against the Governor, they also wanted solid evidence in depth before they did so. When the sex tape became available they ran the story.

Schuler's about half a nutcase. He pursued a similar story alleging that Alabama Attorney General, now Senator, Luther Strange had an affair with a staffer. I suspect that it may have been true, but Strange wound up getting a million dollar judgement against Schuler, who lost his house and does not have a pot to piss in. He wound up leaving the state. Schuler has also printed nude pictures which were published in a gay stroke book back in the 70's which he alleges are of Federal judge and now Supreme Court candidate Bill Pryor as a young man. They do indeed look a lot like Pryor. I guess at this point he has little to lose.

It can be hard to find the line between legit reporting and self serving delusions on Schuler's page, but you're right, he can be entertaining. He gets a lot of stuff right, but the level of crazy involved can make him hard to trust completely.

Here's some of the Bill Pryor stuff. Blurred out, safe for work. If you're curious. Scroll down a bit to the March 20, 2017 entry for comparison pictures.

Legal Schnauzer: Search results for pryor

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

LOL thinly sourced.

8. Neutral Corner

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

A Tennessee state rep is really, really interested in restricting traffic cameras for some unimaginable reason.

Sponsor Of Traffic Camera Bill Has Multiple Tickets

11. Neutral Corner

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.