1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure Bannon has a calendar that details a "slip-up" to make every couple weeks that will anger Jews and play to his Holocaust-denying supporters. They nailed it on Holocaust Remembrance Day and dropped another on the first day of Passover. Sean Spicer is probably getting his "attaboys" right now.

2. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

LOLocaust

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It wasn't a brain fart.

It's an extension of a debate culture that thinks upping the ante of rhetoric helps "sell" an argument.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

When you need someone with absolutely no sense of dignity or self respect to do a job for you, Spicer has always been the go-to guy.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Neutral Corner likes this.
  7. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

I don't think those things have to be mutually exclusive. He's not some innocent little lamb and his behavior and that of the administration he represents means that he'll deserve all the backlash. But in his hyperbolic way I think he was trying to say Assad did something that not even Hitler, benchmark for evil, did, rather than trying to downplay Hitler's actions. I'm really not trying to be an apologist for the guy, but whereas the Holocaust remembrance was calculated Spicer's remarks reinforce his ineptitude. The fact that he tried to save face by spinning his answer rather than owning the mistake was worse to me, but even that looked more like covering his ass than downplaying Hitler.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Concentration Camps of the Future.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Oh my God, I spit my drink reading that!

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

See, the Alt-Reich was feeling all butthurt when their patron saint Slob-Ass Bannon was taking a beating in the corporate-shill MSM for a couple days last week (and what's worse, at the hand of the supposedly-devout "JOOO" Kushner).

So just to reassure the Aryan Youth that Pappa Fucko really really does love them, they sent Spicey out to say gooey gooey nice things about The Original Adolf. This is who they are; this is what they are.

75 years ago, the United States made it a national priority to KILL NAZIS. Time to Make America Great Again.

11. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

They don't serve meatloaf at Seder. No loaf, no trump.

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

They absolutely were anti-Semitic and Holocaust-denying. As much as completely rejecting the idea that the event ever happened -- which is known as a wacky proposition even to those nutjobs -- the denier movement focuses on arguing against the evidence of certain actions, and specifically attempts to create the impression that the Jews weren't specifically targeted but rather were victims of the nationalist wave just as any other unlucky minority in Europe was at that time. That's why omitting the reference to Jews from the Holocaust Remembrance Day statement was such a big deal.

Spicer didn't come up with this Hitler analogy on his own. Bannon put it there. And because Spicer has never had anything more than the intellect of a below-average high school student, he regurgitated it. Bannon is happy.

cranberry likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.