1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I agree that was the intent. It's a stupid intent. Assad gassing his own people is Assad gassing his own people. It doesn't need any kind of measurement against what Hitler did.

It was an emotional appeal, and an awful one that, but I think most emotional appeals are, at the very least, manipulative. This one was unusually despicable.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I can't wait till he has to run again and has to try to explain that quote.

3. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

I don't disagree.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Maybe Spicey (or whoever put the words in his mouth) thought he was saying, "Assad is a real real bad man," but in the English language most of us speak in the real world, he was saying, "Hitler wasn't really that bad."

And as others have noted, it's not the first time (or even close) that somebody for Team Fucko advanced the proposition that Hitler and the Nazis "weren't that bad."

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

And now Spicer says he doesn't want to distract from the Fuhrer's attempts to "destabilize the Middle East." Does he not know the meaning of the words he elects to use? I repeat my earlier refrain that this is baffling. The guy has been a flack for years now and he has absolutely no poise or cool in the face of even basic lines of questioning. He can't even apologize without saying something incomprehensible or offensive. Or both.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Only a fucking idiot would infer that.

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Plenty of minor-league stars can't hit major league stuff.

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

"Certainly. As you all know, Obama ruined this country just like Hitler did with Germany."
    ... ... ...
    "What? Assad? Well, of course I haz a sad. And so does the president. We're the party of family values, you know."

Ace likes this.
  10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

This sounds like a good rule of thumb:

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

What he said was incredibly dumb but it was not part of the anti-Semitic/Holocaust denier narrative that the Left likes to push. Trump is going to win another term because his opposition is more dedicated to ignorance and denying reality than he and his minions are.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Only a fucking idiot would name a full throttle Nazi to be his main policy mastermind.

Only a Fucking idiot would name a KKK wizard as attorney general. Only a fucking idiot would name a Shiite Xtian hell bent on getting rid of public schools as secretary of education.

Etc etc etc etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.