1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2017 MLB regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Apr 1, 2017.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Vin and Joe the greatest national baseball broadcast duo of all time. This is just one example. I loathe the Dodgers, but I know where I was when this happened and still get goosebumps.

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Same here. I was at an outdoor bar with a date and some friends, and we weren't there to watch the game, but at that moment everyone was drawn to the TV there. It was the only at-bat I saw that night.

The outdoor bar is long gone, and so is the girl, but every time Gibson's homer comes up, I flash back right away to that great bar scene that night, with a riveting World Series moment going off like fireworks, and I get the goosebumps, too.

Batman likes this.
  3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Posey's going on the DL.

4. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That cat must have missed its flight to Louisville.

6. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I like to imagine he was thinking "I was promised fish! This is bullshit!"

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The fish are reserved for the high-class customers behind home plate.

8. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Went to Toronto's home opener against Milwaukee. After Ryan Braun, the Brewers had zero players I'd heard of.

9. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

The Brewers should be disbanded. The players in the system would then go into a draft pool for the other franchises. The park in Milwaukee would be used for college games until that season is over. Then failures like the Rays would move some of their games to that park.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The 7-day, I believe.

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Rangers' bullpen is absolute shit.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

After Braun as anonymous a team as there is in MLB, although I remember Neftali Feliz being tough on the Jays in his days in Texas. But they still walked away with a win. Was the opener as much of a gongshow last night as it has been in past years?

Draft saved Draft deleted