1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

So I played the "Flounder, you fucked up, you trusted us." After it ran, Youtube pops up with half a dozen other things to watch. This was one of them, and it's great.

Belushi and Doug Kenney left us far too early, and I flat loved Chris Miller's writing for the Lampoon in the '70's.

Matt1735 likes this.
  2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

3. Neutral Corner

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Hell yes they are. They sprouting 10-inch errections just thinking about it. Even the country club Republicans who usually hate Trump would love him for this.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

6. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

I would define a weapon as a stick, a club, a sword, a firearm, a mortar shell, a missile, a bomb etc.

I would not define a weapon as a method of mass execution, e.g. poison gas piped in through shower heads.

7. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

What about WMD's?

8. Neutral Corner

So a bomb or a shell that distributes poison gas is a weapon of mass destruction, but the same gas piped into an enclosed space isn't a weapon?

A roll of quarters, a rock, a piece of pipe, a bottle, or a piece of glass can be a weapon. "Weapon" is as much about intent to do harm as it is about something being a purpose built weapon.

I mentioned the Jewish Resistance fighters in the Warsaw Ghetto above. The Germans had control of the ground and the roofs, with recon planes as needed. The fighters used the sewers as a way to get around without being shot, coming up when and where they chose to strike. The Germans responded by dropping rolls of barbed wire down every manhole in the area and then pumping in poison gas to kill the resistance.

Was that gas not a weapon?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

10. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Do you think a gun is a weapon but not the bullet?

11. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

For most of them that's enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.