1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2017 MLB regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Della9250 asked about the Buxton bandwagon.

It's in the ditch, wheels off on fire.

And Oz is gonna hammer me this week so my first place reign will come to an end.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Lackey is whiffing guys left and right, 9 thru 3.2, then tries getting cutesy and walks the pitcher on a full count.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Lackey has settled down, but the Cubs keep hitting into double plays. Three, thus far.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I doubt he got cutesy against an .063 career hitter. Maybe a guy who typically walks a high number of batters lost the strike zone for a few pitches?

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I mean, he's going to play this whole season at 23 but man I feel like they rushed him to the point where he's damaged going forward

6. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Late last season it was looking like he had found his way.

Now, he's completely lost at the plate.

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Jose Leclerc blew away Trout on three pitches last night en route to his first major league save. Impressive stuff. There is hope in the Texas pen.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I'll always remember back in the mid-late 2000s when I thought Jeter was done, mired at below the Mendoza line (.190) in late May or early June, then he finished at over .300. Its a long season.

As for the 23 "too early" timing, I say you've got to get guys into the majors at some point and Buxton I believe was a HS signee.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

That the Rays are among the most expensive, makes my night.

(I know that's sad. I'm still bitter.)

[​IMG]

10. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

The Blue Jays, Angels, Royals, and Orioles are cool. The Mets would be, but they suck.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I don't care much for Pedro Martinez behind the desk on MLB Network, but when they get him on the "diamond," he's pretty good. He was explaining tonight some of the offseason advice he gave to the Yankees' Luis Severino during some offseason workouts and it really showed his knowledge of the mechanics of pitching. That doesn't often come across when he's goofing off behind the desk.

Only thing that would have made it better is if they could have cued up some video comparing Severino's delivery in 2016 to his delivery this season to show Pedro's advice in action.

Nice outing from Severino tonight, BTW, going 7IP/2ER/11K. Betances pitched in and out of trouble and Chapman closed the door for the 3-2 win and sweep of TB.

12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Now, how much does it cost in Toronto to fuck in front of those outfield hotel windows?

HanSenSE likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted