1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

YankeeFan likes this.
  2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Wait, are we supposed to be okay with the actions of an incompetent man just because he laid out his pyramid scheme manifesto in a book 30 years ago?

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Featurey headline treatment. #Grrrr

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Somewhere in the fires of hell, L Ron Hubbard realizes he aimed low.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yes, back in 1987 when I was a sophomore majoring in finance with a goal of getting into commercial banking. None of it was memorable. Especially once I switched my major and began reading reams of Hemingway, Faulkner, Whitman, Emerson, Thoreau, Maclean, McGuane, Muir and the rest.

6. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

You never got to the chapter where he turned the cabin into a time-share.

7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Things do not change; we change...that closet into a half-bath with subway tile and a vessel sink.

8. Inky_Wretch

And the classic John Muir line of "God never made an ugly landscape. All that the sun shines on is beautiful, so long as it is wild ... but, you know, some bulldozers and backhoes can improve on it when it's turned into a golf course."

Hermes likes this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

"I had three chairs in my house; one for solitude, two for friendship, three for society. When the visitors came in larger and unexpected numbers there was but the third chair for them all, but they generally economized the room by standing up. It is surprising how many great men and women a small house will contain. I have had twenty-five or thirty souls, with their bodies, at once under my roof, and yet we often parted without being aware that we had come very near to one another. However, I shall not name names of visitors to Walden, as it represents a grave security risk if I do so."

White House decides against releasing visitor records

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Just What Is Trump Trying to Do in Syria?

"One week after President Donald Trump’s cruise-missile strike against Syria, one fact stands out above all others: The White House and secretary of state are inexplicably incapable of conveying American intentions to friends, foes, the American public and all other concerned parties. Leaders around the world can reasonably wonder whether the U.S. government has telegraphed its determination to do as little as humanly possible to step Syria’s long bloodletting or lit the fuse to World War III."

Inky_Wretch and BadgerBeer like this.
  12. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Jesus Christ. WWIII has become the new 'Hitler' in political debate.

Batman and QYFW like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.