1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It's getting overused, yeah - but when was the last time that we deliberately poked at a megalomaniac nuclear armed two year old? Besides talking shit about Trump, I mean.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

To be fair to Trump, this megalomaniac 2-year-old has only recently added nuclear armed to his resumé.

3. Neutral Corner

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

bigpern23, Big Circus and BTExpress like this.
  5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

6. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

Shout out to Radley Balko, Cop Block, Photography is Not a Crime.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This is so great. The Times never cared about this or travel costs during the Obama administration.

Folks were ridiculed for even raising these topics, and now the same people who did the ridiculing find it all very concerning.

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I'm guessing more people would've criticized Obama for it if he'd spent years bloviating about how a president shouldn't have time for golf but now spends 21 percent of his own presidency doing exactly that.

9. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

And "someone stays withing normal range" isn't news. "Someone goes way outside normal range" is news.
    Dog bites man vs man bites dog.

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

You guys are both wrong. Everything between presidents is exactly the same.

11. Neutral Corner

First, yes, what Creosote said, to include the tweets that said he'd be too busy working at the White House to have time for golf.

Second, I'd have to find the article again, but it said that Obama spent something on the order of $98m on vacations over eight years. Trump has spend $24m in three months, which does not include the costs involved with securing Trump Tower. He's on course to exceed Obama's vacation spending in his first year in office.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

"Obama spends zero days on a golf course in first 85 days of presidency" is front-page news if I've ever seen it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.