1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

South Carolina:

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by QYFW, Apr 13, 2017.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Both my parents are from NE Louisiana. My father's first post-college job was in Natchez, Mississippi.

From there, he found a job in Attapulgus, Georgia, and they moved to the nearest "big" city -- Tallahassee.

By the grace of God go I.

Donny in his element likes this.
  2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

For me there's at least one: Luigi's in Weatherford. The shrimp primavera was transcendent.

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I don't know about worst (except they're all below the Mason-Dixon Line) but I'd say Colorado and Vermont are my favorites among the states I've spent considerable time in. The mix of outdoor options with people who are relatively sane makes them attractive

4. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I have lived in 14 locales in the last 33 years so I can generally find something positive about any place. And I can think of something positive about everyone of the 45 states I have visited, But in the United States the place I would least like to live is Wyoming. Cold, windy and largely in the middle of flat, desolate prairie. I realize the northwestern part of the state is stunning but that is quite far from the population centers. Alaska is colder but beautiful.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

If you think Colorado is sane, then you've never been to Denver.
    I KEED @MileHigh!

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

You see, when it comes to cold, I am a quivering vagina.
    It can be 95 all year, and that doesn't bother me one bit.
    My wife has said she wants to move to Montana when we get old and retire up there. She loves the cold.
    I told her I would see her about 3 months out of the year when I go up there from my future retirement home in Scottsdale.
    That went well.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Yeah, we've had that discussion, only the destination was even more distasteful.

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Recently retired brother is counting the days until his move to Wyoming. After almost six decades of living in Chicago proper.

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Attapulgus sounds like some sort of crotch disease.

Vombatus likes this.
  10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Retirement plan is between the intercoastal mountains and the coast in Oregon. I'll spend my last days on the porch, smoking weed and hiring kids to mow my lawn.

I'm really surprised no one has said Florida yet. Good lord, the overwhelming level of corrupt, ignorant and moron in that state blows all the others away. And, seriously, when you read a story that's all fucked up, don't you immediately think: Florida. Usually followed by: Yep.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I think I could pretty easily have a little shack in Key West. Way the hell out away from everyone.

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Florida was just fine until all those out-of-staters moved there.

Yep.

Draft saved Draft deleted