1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2017 MLB regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Apr 1, 2017.

1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

What's with everyone holding up the phones in SF?

2. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Skydome came first (1989), then New Comiskey in 1991 (Camden Yards opened a year later). but those two were the first new buildings in MLB since the Metrodome in 1982 and the Kingdome in 1976. The most-recent of the concrete donuts was the Vet in 1971.

EDIT: Forgot about the Big O sometime in the late 70's.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  3. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Trends come and go, but I think there's an understanding that architectural concepts of the 1960s were, in general, wrong and should not be repeated.

4. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Completely agree, I think it's an underrated place - very open feel, which I like a lot. Of course I'm biased as a Sox fan. And there's no reason to have to go to the upper deck these days even if that's where your ticket is.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

6. Songbird

Dear Dick Whitman,

LOL. 98 PC, 5.2 INN, 5 HA, BBI, 5 K, 3 ER, 4.765 ERA, 1.059 WHIP

Thinking of you,
    Songbird

7. Songbird

OTOH, the other Chicago pitcher today -- Quintana -- threw 39 pitches in the 1st.

8. Songbird

9. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

The answer to life, the universe and everything, including, what was the score of the Phillies game on April 15, 2017?

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Nothing happening in SF.
    ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.
    Into the 6th.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Another very good game this afternoon. I had hoped to get to one of the games this weekend, but couldn't make it work with my schedule. Too bad, too, it's been an entertaining series so far.

12. Songbird

Angels rally to win in Bottom-9 last Sunday. This Sunday, the Royals walk off on them, 1-0, the Angels' 5th straight loss since last Sunday.

Draft saved Draft deleted