1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

quotesMaker_ggfreaacea1218965.jpg

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Although I am not a theologian, I am still baffled by the right-wing version of Jesus. To the allegedly Christian right, the Son of God wouldn't merely sign death warrants; he'd run over people to get to the death house and flip the switch himself. Never mind the doctrine of forgiveness. That's only for private citizens.
    Furthermore, Governor or President Jesus would eviscerate government funding for the poor. Not the government's job, they say. President Jesus would trust the rich in the private sector to help the poor. Never mind that verse about the difficulty of a rich man's entry to the kingdom of heaven vis a vis the camel and the eye of the needle.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah, and especially not if the girl is packing heat, as many may be these days. If the Trumpanzees are just expecting SJW Nation to collectively roll over and play dead as they get jackbooted, they may be in for quite a shock.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Arkansas judge issues a restraining order barring the state from carrying out a series of executions planned for next week, and then celebrates by actively participating in an anti-death penalty rally afterward.

Judge's anti-death penalty protest riles conservatives

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yes, let's always use the most common words. That makes for lively writing.

Impact is acceptable word choice as I used it. As YF pointed out, using verb (as you did before fixing this) when you mean to use noun is not.

7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

cranberry likes this.
  8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Watched the video.
    Considering it was the middle of a riot, how do we know the guy was a Trump supporter? How do we know the woman wasn't, for that matter? Did whoever shot and posted the video stop in the middle of the riot to ask if the guy voted for Trump? Or are we just profiling based on what they're wearing and what they look like? Is that allowed now? Because the last memo I got said it was heinous and wrong.
    What about all the other people going punchy-punchy in the middle of that? One dude in a red shirt was whaling on somebody like he was Tyson in his prime. Was he pro-Trump too? Surely none of the peace-loving protestors threw a punch or cracked a skull with an axe handle.
    The woman who got punched is also back up about five seconds later and looking none the worse for wear. She goes down at the 17-second mark, and is on her feet apparently looking to get back in the riot by the 28-second mark.
    Honestly, it looks like he targeted her specifically to pick her out of a crowd like that, hit her and then run away. Too much chaos for it to be staged, but it is weird when so many other rioters locked on a target and stayed engaged with them for a bit.

Anyways, the story on the link tells you what it wants to tell you (with no actual details whatsoever) and you'll see what you want to see. Objectively, there are a lot of questions about it no matter where you want to come down on it.

9. Riptide

The post meets all the standards of the YF Rules of Engagement, so it's up to you to prove it wrong.

10. Riptide

11. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I think that would be an interesting story. Federal employees receive a location based per diem for lodging (it is $100 a night in Palm Beach County). The idea is that federal employees should stay in acceptable but not luxury hotels.

In exceptional circumstances permission may be granted to give up to 300% of the lodging rate is authorized for per diem or $400 a night. I wonder how much Trump is charging?

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Speaking only for myself, if I had bodyguards and owned a hotel, I'd sure as hell comp them simply out of prudence. I want them to like their boss.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.