1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2017 MLB regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Apr 1, 2017.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

The Cardinal Way (TM) apparently leads straight to the bottom of the standings. Jesus, what a disaster that team is. Wainwright looks like he's cooked, and Fowler isn't exactly setting the league on fire with his sub-.200 BA and OBP; he's stuck, they fucked.

steveu likes this.
  2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Cubs went 3-9 the last 12 games before the All-Star Break last year.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I do think Wainwright is done, which is particularly damaging with Reyes blowing out his arm. He struggled last season and in spring training, so there is plenty of evidence of decline.

I wouldn't worry about Fowler just yet. Carlos Gonzalez has a .192 average with a .218 OBP. Robinson Cano is batting .211. Manny Machado's average stands at a robust .175. Miguel Cabrera needed a small hot streak to get his up to .220.

In other words, we're two weeks in. Two-week slumps happen. They just look uglier in mid-April.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Bird started 1 for 26 before last night's 3 for 3 (HR, 2B) ... so he's 4 for 29 now!

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Yes. Moved sometime in the early 80s and the Big A got transformed from serviceable 60s ballpark to multi-use. This also begat the Raiders to LA, shortly after the Olympics. .When the Rams went to St. Louis, the wrecking ball moved back and made it into a ballpark again.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

8. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Interesting back and forth between old-school, new-school scribes

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

That is not an interesting back and forth.

lcjjdnh, dixiehack and bumpy mcgee like this.
  10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Reading that made me want to visit Niagara Falls.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Slowwwwly I turned.

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

IMG_0871.JPG
    Hellofa line up. 2 3 4 5 6 are HOF. 1-5 also won MVPs. Jackie Jensen would go on to win an MVP for Boston

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
Draft saved Draft deleted