1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

Trump wouldn't have apologized to anyone for losing, and he certainly wouldn't have rebuffed aides urging him to fight the results if the roles were reversed.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Trump has been whining like a bitch for five months straight about the election. And he WON.

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Well, sort of won.

bigpern23 likes this.
  4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Trump constantly lobbed criticisms at Clinton that were true of himself. You have done the same. Where was this logic then? I guess you have a sliding scale of logic to go along with our sliding scale of evidence.

Also, who the fuck cares? The election has been over for months. "But look at Clinton!" hasn't been good enough for months, yet you still keep going back there.

I love that you keep bringing up impacted. It's not my fault that you didn't know the word can be properly used as a verb.

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Where's my feedback?

YankeeFan likes this.
  6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Well, to be fair, he is whining about a rigged election.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Sorry, I got over that huff long ago by accepting that the story wasn't good and that I approached it the wrong way. It was what it was. I've moved on. I've even social media'd some of your stories since then.

Whereas you degrade anyone who offers a scintilla of criticism even when that criticism includes a compliment within it.

I see it's important to the author so ... The Atlantic's new story on Trump is marvelous on every level. The Greek tragic references actually put King Donald into perspective. I didn't see it the first time.

And wordy? Nah, you did a masterful job fleshing it out. No way I get from A to LMNOP thru XYZ without the details. I'm glad I invested my time in a second, more proper, reading of the story.

Fantastic job.

You smash tires better than you utilize white space? LOL

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

@typefitter mocks a guy for not taking criticism well?

LOL.

This is a guy who wrote an article that everyone praised, but he got mad when some folks -- including the judges -- felt it wasn't worthy of the national magazine award.

Songbird, LongTimeListener and QYFW like this.
  9. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Two questions:

1. Every time the Government writes a check to Mar-A-Lago for chocolate cake for a state function, who profits?

2. Which Government official decides when the Government will be spending more money at Mar-A-Lago?

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You realize that I don't care right? This bothers me not at all.

Did it bother you when the Secret Service paid Joe Biden rent to guard his house?

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

12. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

This isn't the typo/mistake I think you think it is.

FileNotFound likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.