1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Well according to the obit is it. But of course, the guy's obituary is fake news, right? And since he lived in Oregon, he was probably one of the millions of illegals who voted in the election, since Dump got his butt kicked out here.

Michael Garland Elliott's Obituary on The Oregonian

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

A. You're an idiot.

B. It's a long running joke at my expense. @doctorquant mocked me for using it. I threw myself on the mercy of the court, explaining that I only use it because I don't know the difference between effect and affect. (Which multiple people tried to explain to me.)

C. So, now when I point it out, I'm still making fun of me.

D. As others have pointed out to you, it is primarily a noun, and there are better word choices available, but I honestly don't give a fuck what word you choose to go with.

SnarkShark likes this.
  3. YankeeFan

Few Trump voters are disappointed. We saw that he was on both sides of all issues.

We trusted him more than we trusted her. That's the bottom line.

And, he appointed a judge we support for the SCOTUS.

And, most of us like his cabinet, and most of his top WH staff.

4. YankeeFan

Oh no. There's no way that bit was thrown in to the obit without being true.

I'm sure an obit, written by a friend/ex who was unsure of the year he was born met all journalistic standards.

But, for those who have not witnessed it, this is not how death occurs. Just isn't. Sorry to spoil it for you.

And the last thing she said to him was "Donald Trump has been impeached." Upon hearing that he took his final, gentle breath, his earthly work concluded.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
    Songbird likes this.
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I spent the night at my grandfather's deathbed. He struggled to breathe all night. It was pretty horrific to listen to for hours on end. My mom arrived in the morning. She held his hand and said "It's OK. Go be with mom. We'll be OK." His breathing calmed. Then he flatlined.

So, yeah, it can happen that way.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  6. Inky_Wretch

Drudge signalling the end for BillO?

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I remember my mom telling me years ago how he was fair and balanced. "He has a No Spin zone!"

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  8. YankeeFan

You think your story and the one in the obit sound similar? OK then.

9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

So what has he done that you're happy about? What are his accomplishments? Kushner and Cohn are taking the reins. Us NYC-area Dems love that.

10. Inky_Wretch

I don't know if it's the person's eternal soul fighting to stay around, their brain clinging to life or nothing more than coincidence that they died after hearing a loved one saying something thought to ease their departure from this world.

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I think Trump invented the story about fake Oregon obit story to distract from his God-awful Gallup poll numbers and the fact that he's about to push Bannon out the door.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  12. YankeeFan

Nah. That's another fake story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.