1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Obama should have gone eight years without acknowledging he was president. That would have mended hard feelings.

2. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

Surely the American Mirror sifted through each and every George W. Bush speech as attentively and failed to come up with such blatant narcissism. That uppity Obama certainly thought he was hot shit.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

GWB referred to himself THREE FUCKING TIMES in seven short sentences when he gave up finding OBL:

Who knows if he’s hiding in some cave or not. We haven’t heard from him in a long time. The idea of focusing on one person really indicates to me people don’t understand the scope of the mission. Terror is bigger than one person. He’s just a person who’s been marginalized. … I don’t know where he is. I really just don’t spend that much time on him, to be honest with you.

Whatever happened to that Osama Bin Laden guy, anyways?

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

You began this whole sidetrack when you felt some need to take issue with my suggestion that the deal was achieving its objectives, then you proceeded to talk about "over-arching formal goals" and copy-and-pasted from the first paragraph of the opening statement. Learn the difference.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Gotta say that's pretty much true.

Whatever we aren't able to negotiate, we attempt to take by, uh, other means.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Looks like about 1.5 million for todays ceremony.

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Just for kicks, I'd love to hear the YF-approved self-reference/minute ratio between the two presidents on their patriots super bowl speeches. Its an apples-apples comparison.

I have no idea which president refers to himself more. Before an hour ago, I had never given it a thought. But there is one man on this board who has given it a WHOLE lot of thought.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

There was one more Lombardi Trophy there. Hence, not as much room for people. Easy peasy Japanesey.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

There are days when one could find a tweet saying "Trump hates puppies" and we'd be hit with multiple posts of him with dogs. Was going to suggest kittens instead of puppies, but, we've been down that road with, uh, cats.

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Then why did you attempt to conflate "formal over-arching goals" with objectives?

And the answer to your question is: Through (verified) compliance with the deal points outlined in the agreement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.