1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Another genius copying the board lunatic.

2. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

You ain't gonna rise up looking at that, bruh. :D

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Quit yer fucking whining.

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Haven't posted on here in awhile. But welcome back @doctorquant. I don't agree with him on much, but a substantive, thoughtful poster. None of the mindless masturbation that often goes on here.

Waiting for meaningful stuff, like the Russia investigations and Georgia election. Stuff that matters.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

My Trump-voting friend and all his friends, in the crucial swing area of suburbs in Wisconsin, regularly cited the Clinton Body Count memes. I don't know if he actually thought they were ordering murders or if he knew it was just a helpful way of trashing her during the election. But given the surprising outcome in that area and how it swung the election, I think that one qualifies.

6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

BTE, I have an old and dear (if occasionally grating and annoying) friend who is a big ol' hardcore Alabama Trump backer. You would not *believe* the crap that went up on her Facebook. My wife eventually had to threaten to defriend her if she didn't stop linking to wildeyed anti-Clinton horseshit and quoting Trump's wilder lies and then tagging us to rub our noses in her links. It got annoying enough that I unfollowed her so that I didn't have to put up with as much of it. Mostly I just ignored as much of it as I could, and only spoke up when it was really egregious.

There was a lot of it that was absolutely prototypical lies, easily debunked if you went to Snopes. I did that repeatedly until I got tired of dealing with it. We had been back and forth about the Russia contacts. Finally came the day that she linked something that was provably bullshit, debunked by several sources, that was straight off of RT, and I got to say to her "You do know that you are sourcing that directly off of a Russian news page, right Suzi?"

She took the post down and actually shut up for two or three days, which for her is a lot.

Not all of it was on RT. It came from lots of places, and it fed all kind of anti-Hillary, anti-Obama, and other slant and conspiracy theories. Maybe you and your circle of friends are smart enough not to have "that guy" posting all sorts of wild-eyed nonsense, but it was out there.

Russia didn't hack the voting machines. They hacked the voters by feeding their beliefs and prejudices, and they did it very well indeed.

service_gamer likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Just after midnight and I already learned my new thing for the day: one of Trump's courses in New Jersey is hosting this year's US Women's Open. That ought to be a five-star shitshow in the making.

10. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

11. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

The people spouting off about anti-Clinton memes are the same people who keep telling YF the election is over.

Just another day for the board vigilantes and the WordPress wannabes who wannabe them.

12. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Did we go 24 hours without some writer sucking Alec Baldwin's cock or doing the alphabet on Melissa McCarthy?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.