1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Why does Trump always have to make it about him?

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

He also called himself "Black Jesus."

Maybe it's not a race thing, but a Christian thing.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Kasich

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Plenty. Of course, the NY Times, the WaPo, Time magazine, CNN, ABC/CBS/NBC and every other site imaginable that wasn't Fox News was Fake News and not to be trusted. It's sort of like Trump - he could be on videotape and it was still "He never said that!". /boggle

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

More like one of my grandmother's quilts. I have fond memories of it, but the fabric swatches she used are actually pretty damn ugly.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

When you vote for violence and hatred, you don't get to pick the direction in which it gets unleashed.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

No way to know if it was Trumpian Causation. The fucker's a kook, like any mass murderer, who may have killed those 3 regardless of who's in the White House.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

"Seven current and former U.S. officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, confirmed with Reuters the existence of two confidential documents obtained from a Russian government think tank controlled by Vladimir Putin. Those documents respectively reveal a plan to assist Donald Trump in winning the 2016 presidential election and a subsequent effort to undermine faith in the American electoral system.

The documents lie at the heart of U.S. intelligence conclusions that a concerted and intensive effort, using “fake news” and cyber attacks against Clinton’s campaign and the Democratic Party, was underway by Russia. The acquired documents provide a concise framework and rationale for the Kremlin’s covert actions. They had been prepared by the Russian Institute for Strategic Studies in Moscow, run by former senior Russian foreign intelligence officials handpicked by Putin’s office.

The first document comprised a strategy paper, written last June. That document advised a Kremlin-backed social media campaign to spread propaganda so that U.S. voters would elect a president with a softer stance toward Russia than Obama had shown. The campaign included the use of Russian state-backed news outlets. Officials said the approach was a broadening of Kremlin efforts launched in March 2016. Moscow had instructed state-backed media outlets, including Russia Today and the Sputnik news agency, to begin positive reports on Trump. Many of these reports found their way into the blogosphere and to Twitter. Russia today produced one video that false stated all of Clinton’s charity collections went to them personally. That video accumulated over 10 million views.

The second document, written last October, assumed by that point that Hillary Clinton was going to win the election, and therefore advised that Russia end its pro-Trump propaganda and instead focus on messaging around widespread voter fraud in order to inflict maximum damage on the system and undermine Clinton’s credibility. Like the first document, the second document circulated among the highest levels of the Russian government."

http://secondnexus.com/politics-and-economics/putins-smoking-gun-u-s-election/

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Now you've done it. YF will screech about Bill and Monica for three days now.

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

11. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

The talk about her being sick was way before she had pneumonia.

12. Neutral Corner

First off, that one was up on Google News and I thought the summary was concise, so I used it. It is not a source I am familiar with. That article contains the Reuters link so you can look at that story in its entirety if you prefer. Second, the byline was Jay Kuo, not simply a first name. Reuters had three bylines on their story.

Damn seldom are intelligence sources going to take ownership of something like that. Could it be false or inaccurate? Sure. That said, seven separate sources makes me feel somewhat better about it. Are you intimating that three reporters colluded to provide false reporting, or that the seven sources did?

I can't wait till we get past the info gathering stage and into the actual hearings and trials so that we'll have a better feeling for what the intel that they are drawing from is.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.