1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

What a fucking embarrassment

"The plan gets better and better and better and it's gotten really really good and a lot of people are liking it a lot."

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I don't support anything that's "really good." If it's not "really really good," it's not worth my time.

TowelWaver and heyabbott like this.
  3. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I would love to see that, too, just so I can kick back and enjoy watching the Secret Service whale the ever-loving shit out of the perpetrator. It would take me quite a while to stop laughing after they make pudding out of one of those overpaid bastards.

Hey, I have an idea, big guy... why don't YOU finagle an invitation and pull that trick?

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I bet Starman drives a really big truck. Or an '87 Buick Regal. One of the two.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Probably whatever was the last car his daddy drove.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The NYT blew it. No doubt about that.

But that was my point, that the attendance by players was much smaller this time around. Given Kraft's fondness for President Trump, it is certainly possible that he made sure to fill out the numbers with other team employees. I know of at least two players who said they weren't going because they have issues with Trump. Were there others? Good question.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Reporting press releases or utterances from this administration is news reporting. Not fact reporting.

8. YankeeFan

I'll just take that as a no.

9. heyabbott

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

But what if it's a popular teammate? If an NFL guy does it, and the Secret Service starts whaling on the guy, his teammates might jump in and there would be an all-out brawl in the Rose Garden.

Come to think of it, that would be fun to watch.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  11. YankeeFan

It's not that you're tasteless. You're a poor man's @Starman in that regard.

It's not that you're racist. We've had those here before too.

It's that none of your jokes are funny. And, it's clear you're curating these from across the internet. There's funny stuff out there. Even if your not going to give the author credit, can't you find funnier material than this?

12. heyabbott

I sincerely don't care what you think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.