1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Sort of like Benghazi.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Even if they mistake you for Mookie Betts?

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Measured language. If they'd used anything stronger, you'd have pooped your pants.

I know this topic is the last thing you want to acknowledge, but it's not going away.

5. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

I still think it's amusing that you continue this crusade while the biggest misogynist, by far, on the entire board brags about his "popularity."

6. YankeeFan

Did you read the article?

7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Fixed that for YF.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Whatever gave them the idea this would be a productive effort?

Is suborning treasonous activities among presidential campaign staffers a routine activity?

9. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

If we are just talking about the Poin Files, I don't find anything misogynistic about them. Slightly creepy? Absolutely, although I can't claim innocence when it comes to enjoying those threads.

But I never claimed to be perfect. Far from it. I just do my best to be respectful of women and support their cause and desire for equal treatment instead of actively working against it like Boogie does by maintaining his antiquated views on how men should refer to women. I certainly don't think he's the type of guy who thinks women shouldn't have the right to vote or work. But the things he often says, I think, reveals a subconscious opinion that women are still second class. Using "woman" as an insult? What other conclusion can one make? And that kind of attitude is harmful to the advancement that the females in my family and circle of friends have worked hard to achieve. So I take it a little personally. His response when being called out on it is to reflexively call me or anyone else a "PC nonce" or some bullshit, without even taking a second to actually think about the words he has typed. That is why I may come across as so unrelenting in regards to him and the, in my opinion, hateful shit he says.

Poin, on the other hand, has his corner of the site that celebrates female teachers hooking up with male students. It is kinda gross, but I don't see how it demeans or belittles women or their role as equal members of society. I admit, I may have blinders to a bigger issue there and I'm willing to listen if I am.

But Boogie, he isn't willing to listen. His heels are dug in and he is going to die on that misogynistic hill because he finds that more honorable than admitting he may have been wrong. God forbid.

10. YankeeFan

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Yes, I did. And that question is amusing coming from Captain Cut And Paste.

It's an ongoing investigation. Just another step in it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.