1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

If you read that article and look at the footnotes, the number of times that Trump either called on the Russians to hack Hillary or the Dems or invoked the leaked stolen Democratic e-mails on Wikileaks listed comes to thirty nine quotes drawn from twenty one speeches, seventeen tweets, and three quotes from Presidential debates.

That's all. In that one story.

If we're not in Bizarro World, that sort of stuff would blow up the news. Directly asking Russian intelligence to hack into your political opponent's private files and release them? This isn't unusual and outrageous in American politics? It does not boil down to using intelligence stolen by a rival international power's spy service to help get yourself elected?

What, exactly, does constitute collusion in your world, YF?

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Our president, the butt-hurt third grader.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

This is one of your dumber media-related conspiracy theories, which is truly an accomplishment given some of the foolishness you have spewed on this site.

6. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I just wish your behavior and speech would reflect your history of being surrounded by and supported by strong women. It often doesn't.

But like I said in an earlier post, I feel like my point has been made in regards to that, so I'm going to stop harassing you about it and subjecting everyone else to our back and forth.

Just stop and think next time you are going to call someone a "woman" as a means to insult them. I can't imagine your mother, girlfriend or daughter would appreciate it.

7. outofplace

Nobody is claiming that is the only evidence. That is your desperate hope, not reality. The investigation is far from over, YF, and even you should know it is about more than just Trump publicly encouraging hackers to go after his then-opponent.

8. YankeeFan

Would you like to school me on how such a story gets written and promoted.

They've never been on a date, but this is an exclusive update on their potential date.

Cory Booker has never been publicly linked in a romantic way to any woman.

You don't see any measure of PR behind this?

OK. So, you tell me the motivation for this story.

9. YankeeFan

Ok. So, what's the "more"? Tell me.

10. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Nothing would piss the right off more than Chelsea deciding NOT to go into electoral politics. Why lend extra legitimacy to the cheap shots?

11. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Don't take the bait, cable news networks. Carry on with comedy, be it WHCD or Samantha Bee's show. If FNC wants to cover the speech, let 'em. Trump will be sore about giving up a perfectly fine weekend at Mar-A-Lago and not having CNN or MSNBC kissing his ass.

bigpern23 likes this.
  12. outofplace

Because some people are obsessed with stories about famous people possibly hooking up with other famous people. I don't consider it to be good or useful journalism, but these types of stories are all over the place. That is the far more likely explanation than your ridiculous conspiracy theory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.