1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Especially since Coppola and Puzo went to some lengths in GF II to start laying the groundwork for potential conflicts between Michael and Tom.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Saber rattling is the only thing we haven't outsourced overseas.

And the one thing we should.

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

In other news, Jimmy Carter won't be posting Poin files ...

I have been a practising Christian all my life and a deacon and Bible teacher for many years. My faith is a source of strength and comfort to me, as religious beliefs are to hundreds of millions of people around the world. So my decision to sever my ties with the Southern Baptist Convention, after six decades, was painful and difficult. It was, however, an unavoidable decision when the convention's leaders, quoting a few carefully selected Bible verses and claiming that Eve was created second to Adam and was responsible for original sin, ordained that women must be "subservient" to their husbands and prohibited from serving as deacons, pastors or chaplains in the military service.

This view that women are somehow inferior to men is not restricted to one religion or belief. Women are prevented from playing a full and equal role in many faiths. Nor, tragically, does its influence stop at the walls of the church, mosque, synagogue or temple. This discrimination, unjustifiably attributed to a Higher Authority, has provided a reason or excuse for the deprivation of women's equal rights across the world for centuries.

At its most repugnant, the belief that women must be subjugated to the wishes of men excuses slavery, violence, forced prostitution, genital mutilation and national laws that omit rape as a crime. But it also costs many millions of girls and women control over their own bodies and lives, and continues to deny them fair access to education, health, employment and influence within their own communities.

Losing my religion for equality

HanSenSE and Inky_Wretch like this.
  4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Does he get into the specifics of how the subservience manifests itself in different religions? I would like a further breakdown.

YankeeFan likes this.
  5. Riptide

[​IMG]

North Korea is ready to sink a U.S. aircraft carrier with a “single strike” to demonstrate its military muscle, the country’s official newspaper brags in a new editorial.

“Our revolutionary forces are combat-ready to sink a U.S. nuclear-powered aircraft carrier with a single strike,” Rodong Sinmun, the newspaper of the country’s ruling Workers’ Party, wrote on Sunday, according to Reuters.

President Trump recently ordered the USS Carl Vinson carrier strike group to head to waters near the Korean peninsula, where it will be joined by two Japanese destroyers for military exercises.

The North Korean paper described the American carrier as a “gross animal” that could be obliterated “to show our military’s force.”

The story followed a two-page feature on leader Kim Jong Un inspecting a pig farm, Reuters adds.

http://nypost.com/2017/04/23/north-...ebook&utm_medium=SocialFlow&sr_share=facebook

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

8. Riptide

All research requests must go through YankeeFan.

9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

At least this gives Carter more time to help out the Palestinians.

10. Riptide

[​IMG]

11. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Bolton's lyrical magic was a little off here. But he did help to inspire the theme song for "The X-Files" with this tune!

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Not cool, Cool Pope!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.