1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Notable that Graham will hold Judiciary subcommittee hearings on issue and one of first witnesses will be Sally Yates. Could be a hurry-up poke for Burr.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I wonder about that. It would be smart politically for him to get out and let some of the stink disperse for a couple of years before running for Governor. OTOH, I can't help but wonder if there is something hanging out there that he knows is going to come to light eventually. This seems like such an unusual way for a sitting Congressman to handle things if there is not a damn good reason. I wonder who has something on him.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I thought it was because a black man rose to a position of some prominence, while they're still bagging groceries at the Kristal. You might do us all a favor and tighten up those rantings of yours; they lose their ooomph when they're not properly ordered.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I hope your donation brings peace.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I'm in wait and see mode regarding Yates. Will there be an air strike the day she takes the stand?

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

That's beyond obvious? It's a theory, but I'd guess you can get pretty good odds now if you're that confident.
    As to the first part, you're using Trump as a stand in for the right, or just have a silly, cartoon-ish vision of your ideological opponents. The right wants the court doing less.

9. Michael_ Gee

To deny that racism is the major idea component of the Trump base is to deny all fact-based research on said base. Basically, they want a welfare state for themselves and a police state for nonwhites.

10. Michael_ Gee

Nonsense, Guy. The right wants the Court upholding racial discrimination as constitutional whenever possible, and most of all, upholding the power of organized money over people. See Citizens United, Shelby County, et. all. Those sure as hell weren't the Court doing less. Agree with the rulings if you so desire, just don't tell me they weren't activist to the core.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I lean the other way. I figure Chaffetz is clean and sees no way to stay that way in DC - especially running Oversight. Get out now before he's forced to either bury damning evidence or his party's president.

12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

There was someone (a Republican) from the committee on Morning Edition this morning. He did OK. His response on the staffing point was
    1- It's early
    2- It requires unusually high security clearance
    3- There are other staffers who work for the committee full time, but are also working on other matters, so they aren't included in the 4, and
    4- Intelligence expertise is more important for the job than legal.

Neutral Corner likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.