1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More Cuts at ESPN

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Doc Holliday, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

Every time I get a cable bill I am shocked at how much I'm paying for ESPN, ESPN2 and my cable bill in general. Way too high. DirecTV is 1/3 the cost of cable. I am assuming ESPNU must be on a separate plan now because I suddenly don't get it. It used to be everybody automatically paid for cable (ESPN) but now it's changing. Sad about all the layoffs but I think most of those reporters laid off are top notch and my guess is even in a dying industry most will get jobs soon. Best wishes to them all.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

The Visigoths are inside the fucking building!

cjericho likes this.
  3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

As one of those narrow-minded, under-educated, uncultured, lacking-in-civility conservatives, I might suggest taking the etymological discussion vis-à-vis "liberal" back to the fucking politics thread.

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

So there seems to be a pattern here. If you worked with words and reporting, your job was toast. If you work with shouts and takes, you remain an ESPNer in good standing.

6. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Did he write that all conservatives fit that description? I must have missed that part.

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Have a day, #BoardRacist!

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Luckily he wasn't on vacation.

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

As most of us, I've been through my share of newsroom bloodbaths.

Just feel bad for all involved.

It's pretty frustrating that it seems to be hitting more journalists than "personalities." But that's the world we live in. And, at least for me, will make me less included to watch ESPN.

I Should Coco and Inky_Wretch like this.
  10. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

On what planet is DirecTV a third of the cost of cable?

SpeedTchr and gravehunter like this.
  11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Ya know, I'd never wish for anyone to lose their job, but whoever designed ESPN's scrolling website should be shot out of a cannon into the satellite farm in Bristol.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Wow!

cranberry likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted