1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More Cuts at ESPN

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Doc Holliday, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I'll be very interested to see what happens the next time the NBA, NFL and NCAA tournament TV deals come up again.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

She couldn't stay off the electric tweeter machine for just one darned day?

3. writestuff1

writestuff1 Member

Wonder if all layoffs will be today or some will come after draft. Anyone hear anything about Bob Holtzman? With Cleveland having first pick, just wondering if they keep him around for an extra day or two and then gets let go.

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

he's exactly the type of blowhard hot taker who'd survive this blood letting
    That's really fucking tone deaf, but par for the course with Jemele.

5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I know that unless it's a very compelling national game, probably with postseason implications, I have become very regional in my sports viewing. Cardinals, Chiefs, Mizzou.

I'll still watch Alabama-Auburn, Michigan-Ohio State and the Royals in the playoffs, but some random game in MLB, NFL or college holds very little interest to me anymore. Twenty, 30 years ago, I would devour sports when I had the chance to watch. These day, not just not so much, but not at all.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

She is embarrassing herself. To a reader pointing out the breathless scoops ESPN delivers regarding coaches and players:

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Len Elmore out. I guess they had to fire at least one black guy.

QYFW likes this.
  8. TexasVet

TexasVet Active Member

9. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I'm the same. Maybe it's the over-saturation. When I grew up in the '70s, the random Tigers-Orioles Game of the Week was special because I wouldn't see those teams otherwise. Heck, the Dodgers only primarily televised weekend road games, and never home games, and USC and UCLA football and basketball were shown the next day because they only got a couple national windows a year.

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Damn. Len Elmore.

11. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

21 years? Damn, I think that is the longest I've seen today.

12. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

What Swingline and MTM said.

Draft saved Draft deleted