1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I want to be a dick, and be liked!

QYFW likes this.
  2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

That's my shtick.

FileNotFound and YankeeFan like this.
  3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

In the early '90s I came close to moving to a suburb called Colleyville, Texas, outside Dallas. The company brought my wife and I down for a week. I had a lot and model house picked out and visited the schools. But I still couldn't pull the trigger because I knew damn well that as a New York liberal who is pretty blunt with his opinions I just wouldn't fit in very well there.

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

So, while my opinion on students being mean to Nazis remains unchanged, I will say this is some pretty damning stuff about our next generation:

http://www.newseuminstitute.org/wp-.../WhitePaper_Herbst_FreeExpressionOnCampus.pdf

With little comment, an alternate understanding of the First Amendment has emerged among young people that can be called “the right to non-offensive speech.”

As far as I'm concerned, and as is pretty bluntly stated in that report, this problem rests mainly on the shoulders of our teachers, from kindergarten on up through college.

5. YankeeFan

It's honestly different. Kind of shocking.

Though, I was probably kind of a dick too.

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

That's been an indictment of colleges for decades.

7. YankeeFan

If you would only teach me how to post .gifs with motion, I could pull it off!

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

He's a dick!
    You're a dick!
    We're all dicks!

Now can we all please just find a way to get along?

9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Think we're getting along just fine.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, if it's an indictment of colleges, isn't it an indictment of our American educational system in general?

Well, you can do what you want to us, but I'm not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America!

Gentlemen!

[​IMG]

11. YankeeFan

Don't we for the most part though.

I know you like QYFW.

I love Cranberry. During some of my toughest moments last year, folks like @cranberry, @Amy, @MisterCreosote, and others who I don't tangle with as much like @LongTimeListener, @Dick Whitman, @doctorquant, @QYFW, @Songbird and others would check in with me to see how I was doing.

Meant the world to me. Honestly can't tell you how much it meant to me.

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I do like QYFW, a lot (even if he did nuke me on Facebook!) Bright, talented, there's a very good guy buried under that gruff stuff.

I like you, too, for some damn fool reason

I was being somewhat facetious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.