1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

He has a picture of "Fearless Girl" as his avatar, so we know he's a supporter of women and girls, so we should probably cut him some slack.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

He, like almost every other schmuck in Hollywood, should understand no one cares what he thinks about anything else.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Having answered for myself the question "Who is Joss Whedan?" I believe his plan to "be quiet for a bit" is a good one, especially if "a bit" means "a fucking long time."

SpeedTchr likes this.
  4. YankeeFan

What a horrible person this guy is:

I view some actions of this administration as counterproductive. These include broad travel bans, discouraging free trade and a tendency toward rhetoric that too easily divides Americans instead of uniting them.

But rather than spending too much time looking back — even if only for 100 days — we need to look forward. The president and lawmakers have an excellent opportunity to take bold steps here and now to reverse the United States’ trajectory toward a two-tiered system: one that benefits the wealthy and well-connected at the expense of everyone else.

In addressing the United States’ challenges, I encourage the president to evaluate every policy on its potential to help people improve their lives. No piece of legislation will ever be perfect, and allowing the perfect to be the enemy of the good only further accentuates our country’s divisions. Good policy moves us closer to this ideal, even if by small steps.

Charles Koch: Trump’s policies must not benefit only big businesses like mine

5. YankeeFan

Might have been better if he had started his quiet time earlier.

This was his previous attempt at humor regarding Paul Ryan:

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Critical thinking, yo.

7. MisterCreosote

What the fuck is a "GOP murder bro?"

Or, is it "GOP murder, bro?"

8. YankeeFan

SJ.com is a place where folks are lectured not to celebrate anyone's firing, but cheer someone losing custody of their children.

The only concern here should be for the children involved, and unless you know much more about their situation than I do, I'm not sure how you can be so sure this is a great thing.

If Jones had primary custody until now, I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest mom might have some issues too.

Or maybe they're both great parents, as this juror thought, in a scene the Statesman captures that so perfectly encapsulates Austin and Travis County:

As the last juror left, unlocking his bicycle from a bike rack outside the courthouse for the ride home on the cooly comfortable night, he said the jurors thought both Joneses were good parents - “that’s why we deliberated so long.”

VERDICT: Ex-wife of Alex Jones wins joint custody after bitter trial

QYFW likes this.
  9. YankeeFan

Ryan's obviously a bro:

[​IMG]

And, he's a GOPer who supports murdering grandma.

So, #GOPmurderbro. Makes total sense.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

He didn't lose custody. He lost sole custody. Big difference.

He still gets to spend a shitload of time with his kids - when he's not spreading Pizzagate conspiracy theories and going after Chobani yogurt and ripping into Ivanka and her husband.

11. MisterCreosote

This being a thing is reason No. 12,302 that I'm so happy I'm not on Twitter.

12. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

I'm glad a poster who hasn't been on a date since junior high can tell us about good parenting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.