1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

He's too busy yelling "SCOREBOARD!" and taking victory laps to do the actual work.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/28/us/politics/donald-trump-nra.html

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

And what makes you think I didn't?

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Hmmmmm ...

4. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Your teachers were facing an uphill battle.

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Who's Tired of All the Winning?

An automated Trump Administration Failure Tracker would overload the world’s data-processing capacity. All he does is take Ls. The failing president Trump accomplished nothing in his first hundred days, and has to take beatings on all his campaign promises just to keep the government’s lights on! Sad! Loser!

The barest, bleakest consolation of Donald fucking Trump being elected president of the United States was that, yes, he is a spastic, Uristat-suppurating totalitarian anus with half the wit of a can of Spam and none of the dynamism, but at least there might be an electric nihilist thrill in seeing him bring his pro-wrestling heel act to the fusty business of governing. Even on the delivery of this, he has failed. His presidency, as spectacle, as TV, is flaccid and dismally repetitive. Decreasingly ambitious promises are followed by instantaneous withdrawal at the first sign of opposition, then by petulant lashing-out at Democrats or conservatives or CNN or the New York Times, then by a mewling, self-pitying interview with an organ of the very media he pretends to despise, then by a shuffling of the craven frauds and stooges with whom he surrounds himself, then by a round of deeply embarrassing senile-old-granddad boasting about the scope of his electoral college victory to fluff himself up for the next iteration. And again. Murder She Wrote was less formulaic than this.

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/wh...ource=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

6. Smallpotatoes

Last Friday, Jones asked the press to be respectful of him and his family during the trial. I'd say he deserves all the respect he's shown Sandy Hook parents or the Obamas when he suggested that maybe their daughters weren't their own or that Michelle was really a man.
    Reasonable people can disagree on things like taxes, the economy, health care and the like. The stuff that I disagree with Jones on are not things about which reasonable people can disagree. If your position on the Sandy Hook shootings is anything other than Adam Lanza killed his mother, 26 other people and himself, you are not a reasonable person and probably need professional help. If you think that's possible that Obama's kids are not his own or that Michelle is a man, you are not a reasonable person and probably need professional help.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What he deserves and how you respond don't have to be the same thing.

Just because he hasn't earned your respect doesn't mean you should lower your own standard of decency.

bigpern23 likes this.
  8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Don't forget this part.

9. Smallpotatoes

Oh, and need I mention, I've been called a rape apologist because I correctly stated the facts about the case in Idaho that Jones said was connected to Chobani.

10. Smallpotatoes

Really?

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You are entitled to your incorrect opinion.

12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I'm not taking sides here. I'd just like to say that's one of the weirdest sentences ever typed. It makes sense in context. But if you just read it once, you'd be fucking confused.

Ace and YankeeFan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.