1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2017 MLB regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

By default. Too lazy to reach for the remote.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I remember hearing an interview with Summer Catch director Mike Tollin on Bill Simmons' podcast years ago (it was around the time Tollin did the USFL 30 for 30).

He said that he set up Prinze with a former MLB pitcher who lived near where they were shooting (I wanna say it was Bill Landrum) to work with him on his pitching mechanics for the movie. Prinze said "nah, I'm good" and pretty much ignored all of Landrum's advice.

That's why every shot of him pitching is an extreme close-up or you can't see his face. He was tremendously non-believable as a baseball player.

Songbird likes this.
  3. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Better than Anthony Perkins?
    If Freddie Prinze Jr crawled in here on all fours you're telling me you wouldn't be turned on.

4. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

The Nats' bullpen is a dumpster fire, but I suppose at least it's not a dumpster fire with Melancon eating up payroll.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Prinze walked out of a no-hitter with 2 outs to go in the championship for a girl? What a derp.

6. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

So Prinze was the king of wishful thinking.

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

That's not very fair. Each team he took over was a disaster and he Schottenheimered every single one.

8. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I was well aware of #seconddeck. Even sat in the second deck at Target Field last weekend when I watched them. This is a new one.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Chargers: Hold my beer

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Not really seeing how the Mets fucked this up. The medical staff recommended the MRI, Syndergaard refused. This is completely on him.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That is when they should bring in management and insist. How the hell does the organization allow him to do that?

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

This young Mets fan reached his breaking point yesterday...

Draft saved Draft deleted