1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    He is also a rabid anti-dentite.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I've spent the past five years in insurance. I've seen it happen. I've seen customers pissed because their premiums have gone up despite having no claims. But please feel free to tell me more about my industry. Later I'll tell YankeeFan he's been installing the heat coil in those machines all wrong all these years.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Every year through my work I sign up for a term life insurance policy, and every year those premiums increase. I suppose your industry experience suggests that's because every year my life insurance company's loss ratio is too high. Or ... perhaps ... there's another reason.

6. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Insurance certainly considers the risk of the individual. So the older you get the higher your risk of death and your premiums go up. Life expectancy also gare enerally increasing. But let's say that you live in a society where life expectancy starts to drop, Are you saying you don't think your life insurance rates would increase?

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Absolutely not. I'm arguing against the nonsensical position that over-charging relatively low-risk customers so as to subsidize relatively high-risk customers is "how insurance works."

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Zuckerberg's weird Midwest tour is a thousand times more coy and creepy than anything Chelsea has said or done regarding elected office.

Ace, Hermes and cranberry like this.
  9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Two wonderful quotes from today's House Republican conference on Trumpcare (still no vote, votes not there). Rep. Kevin McCarthy's pep talk to the troops: "Now is not the time to talk about what to do or how to do it. Now is the time to do it!" Rep. Paul Cook, a "no" vote, on possible repercussions from leadership and/or Republican voters. "What are they going to do to me? Give me a haircut and ship me off to Vietnam? That's already happened."

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Jimmy Kimmel's son, born with a heart murmur, has a pre-existing condition. Clearly not one of the people who lead good, healthy lives.

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I was explaining why I am more comfortable with charter schools than I am with vouchers. That was the point of bringing up religious schools.

I should have been more clear in differentiating charter schools from more traditional public schools. I rushed through my response and it was sloppy. My apologies for being unclear and confusing you.

Last edited: May 2, 2017
  12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

As a rule, I hate celebrities getting political.

He's right about this, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.