1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Fuck no, not if they are anything like their hero.

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

They're doing their part.

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

KFC isn't "food."

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

You conveniently omitted the first part of the quote. And it's the one that makes all the difference. Read the start of this quote until the comma.

“It will allow insurance companies to require people who have higher health care costs to contribute more to the insurance pool that helps offset all these costs, thereby reducing the cost to those people who lead good lives, they’re healthy, they’ve done the things to keep their bodies healthy,” explainedBrooks. “And right now, those are the people who have done things the right way that are seeing their costs skyrocketing.”

The entire quote shows that the speaker clearly differentiates between those who "have higher health care costs" and "those people who lead good lives" and take care of themselves.

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

The look on Orrin Hatch's face when asked to comment on Trump's suggestion to kill the filibuster:

[​IMG]

"He and I differ on that because without the filibuster this country would've been gone a long time ago. I'm gonna talk to him about it. I'll get him back on line."

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's a day for great GOP quotes: OMB director Mick Mulvaney held a conference call with reporters to tout the budget agreement as a big success for Trump. However, someone forgot to queue in the hold music as everyone waited for the call to start so more than one reporter heard Mulvaney tell an aide "This is going to be a disaster."
    I am starting to believe the administration is shaving points.

Jssst21, UPChip, dixiehack and 3 others like this.
  8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

So much winning!

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

They probably watch ESPN too. All those liburl WNBA scores!

10. HanSenSE

Taco bowls, chocolate cake, ketchup ...

11. HanSenSE

12. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Today is an especially bad day here, so it's time to break glass in case of emergency:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.